Oil & Fuel Bleeding Fuel Line...

/ Bleeding Fuel Line... #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( does my tractor care it it's coolant is 160 degrees or 190 degrees )</font>

No, your tractor's "normal operating range" is probably almost exactly in that range. What I'm talking about is a temperature gage that never gets into the green operating range. On a cool day if your thermostat is open or the coolant drain hose is bypassing the thermostat, your temperature may be 100º or less. That is much too cool. I think the designed temperature for most engines is around 180º. In really hot areas, summer thermostats may be 160º, but 180º is a good ballpark figure for normal temperature.

Of course, too hot is also very damaging, but I think you know that.

/ Bleeding Fuel Line... #12  
I think when I had some heat-up problems on my old 1720 and I was troubleshooting with a thermocouple and readout, I found it took a temp of around 180-185 to get a mid reading on the quage. My 40D reads about mid-range when heated up, so I'm guessing it's about the same as I believe they still are using a 180 degree thermostat.

/ Bleeding Fuel Line... #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After changing oil and filter on Saturday, I was going to change the fuel filter element until I realized there was a bit more to it than I had originally thought.

I'm new to diesel ownership and maintenance and although it doesn't appear to be too tough, I thought I'd post and ask if there are any tips or traps to consider before I go for it...
The manual's pretty clear, but I can hear the voice of experience even more clearly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, Jinman or someone, what is the purpose of the infamous 'jiggle pin' /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif on the thermostat on these TC tractors?

Thanks everyone for all your posts and replies, I'm learning enought to be dangerous.....Did Cotton get his new TC 40DA yet?

Guess what, back to work.....!!

)</font>

/ Bleeding Fuel Line... #14  
You said you had problems changing your fuel filter on your TC40D . I recently changed my fuel filter on my TC40 and had a hard time turning retainer ring to take off sediment bowl and had a even tougher time trying to get it started back on. What I found to be the problem was a hose clamp in behind sediment bowl was inproperly positioned. I loosened it and moved the angle up higher and tightened it back up no problems now. Take a look at this it may cut frustration level.

/ Bleeding Fuel Line... #15  
Another way to bleed air is to put sediment bowl on but don't tighten it up all the way. Turn fuel on let bowl fill up to leaking point tighen sediment bowl.