TC33d hydraulic issue

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #1  

BillC72

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3616, Cub Lo Boy 154, Ferguson TO30
I'm working on my neighbors TC33D. Its a 2001 or so. The hydraulics at the FEL have gradually gotten weaker. Now its blowing the hoses at the cooler unit by the radiator. Put on new hoses from NH dealer (OEM) and blew them in an hour. These lines should have pretty good flow, but not a lot of pressure? What could cause the cooler lines to overpressure while curl and lift functions have lost pressure? Have installed new filters on hydro system and hst filter. Any help here is appreciated.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #3  
Well.... that sucks.

Perfect topic. Sorry its not meant for us masses.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #4  
Well.... that sucks.

Ditto.
I like to learn everything I can before I need it. I can say without equivocation, Motownbrowne is a good man! I must thank him for the PM's he sent me.
I know some on this site only like to PM someone, and not post, because of responses from others on this site.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #5  
There are multiple reasons for private message posts. If you're interested in what he has to say, ask him for his input. The PM system works for you as well, although the notifications can sometimes be somewhat lacking.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #6  
Well.... that sucks.

I sent Bill a PM because I have information on where to get the 700 page service manual for his tractor at no cost. I'd rather not post the source here. I don't want to give more info than that on the public forum in case someone thinks that sharing this info for free isn't okay.

Amarlow, if you'd like a copy, shoot me a PM, though it's for a different tractor. There may be some overlap, or maybe lots, but I don't know.

Anyway, Bill, did you get your issue figured out?

/ TC33d hydraulic issue
Indeed we did. Thanks again motownbrowne...saved time and a lot of money

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #8  
Bill - for those of us with TC33D's that wouldn't mind a bit of education, could you elaborate a bit on what the problem was and how you solved it? Thanks.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue
Well Dale, there were several problems actually. The hydraulic hoses had all been changed by the previous owner, but lots of rubber plugging ports and causing valves to stay open. The FEL valve body had a sticky plunger, I think that was the issue that allowed higher pressures on the return side. After a good clean and new filters and oil, the loader is operating normally. The three point also has improved lifting power, even tho that was not part of the original complaint.

/ TC33d hydraulic issue #10  
Thanks for enlightening us. I've had my TC33D for over 15 years and it has been a reliable workhorse for me. Hopefully yours will be too.