Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #1  

blackjack

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX33 Farmall
Today my dad and I installed 2 remote hydraulics on my DX33. The instructions were OK but
this great link was very useful. All in all, a very enjoyable job.

When we took the "stock" plate off there were 4 o-rings used. We then added the 2 remotes with 4 o-rings between each remote and got to the point where we add the "stock" cover back onto the 2nd remote, and it does not call for (nor supply) any o-rings. This did't seem correct. The cover is milled out to use o-rings and we didn't feel right bolting it onto the flat steel surface of the 2nd remote. Has anyone else questioned this? We checked with the dealer also and their parts diagrams do not indicate any o-rings between the 2nd remote and the cover.

Here is a picture of the 2nd remote that the cover gets bolted onto.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #2  
If you do not put o-rings in the end plate, you will have a leak esspecially under pressure. If you did not already use the o-rings that were uder the end plate when you took it off re-use those, otherwise you'll have to get some from your dealer. Do not put it together without them.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics
Thanks for the reply. We did indeed install o-rings and no leaks! But it surprised me that both the instructions and the parts diagram at the dealership did not indicate o-rings between these 2 pieces.

Thanks again for the reassurance!

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #4  
Blackjack I installed 3 remotes today on my TC-40D. I found it most peculiar that new o-rings came with each of the 3 valves yet none for the end plate that had to be removed, then reinstalled. I recycled mine as well, no leaks here either.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics
Mike,
Did your instructions indicate o-rings between the last remote and the end-plate? Mine didn't. I wish I had a scanner to scan in the diagram to better show you. I ended up going to my dealer and picking up 4 additional o-rings to use.

All in all, the install is very clean and professional looking. I'm quite happy with it.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #6  
Blackjack I just re-read the instructions for all 3 remotes. All three booklets for each remote says:
NOTE: Make sure O rings are in place on end cap "A" before installing.

I almost missed it myself. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I will say however that if they were included in the kit we might have a tendency to feel better about not having to re-use the old ones. I don't know how many thousands of pounds of pressure these o-rings are subject to, but recycling them just doesn't seem real bright to me. NH gives you extra bolts and washers so why not throw in new set of O-rings for the end plate. WOW I feel much better now, thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #7  
I don't think the end plate really sees alot of pressure, only flow, unless there is something misadjusted in the top cover. Unless you move the remote lever, oil just flows through the remote sections and back into the top cover so I think that is why they don't supply new orings. I do agree though that it would be mental insurance if they did. I don't like to reuse orings either just for peice of mind.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #8  
<font color="blue">I don't think the end plate really sees alot of pressure, only flow, unless there is something misadjusted in the top cover. Unless you move the remote lever, oil just flows through the remote sections and back into the top cover so I think that is why they don't supply new orings. I do agree though that it would be mental insurance if they did. I don't like to reuse orings either just for peice of mind.
</font>

techinNY how about for the guys like me that have one of the power beyond ports on the end plate. Is there no pressure at that point with the backhoe connected and in a working configuration, or again only flow?

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #9  
I'm going to have to check on that, maybe I'm wrong but all the end plate does otherwise is circulate oil. The end plate would not see pressure unless something down stream stopped flow and it backed up to the end plate. I think I've confused myself, no wonder, it's late.

/ Question Regarding Remote Hydraulics #10  
I wasn't so confused after all. If the power beyond kit you are talking about has one fitting in the end plate and two couplers under the RH platform, we are on the same page. The port on the end plate is a return port so all the plate may see is return pressure, probably less than 300 psi.