3 pt Dethatcher???

/ 3 pt Dethatcher??? #1  

MackAttack

Tractor
NH TC35D
Has anyone come across a 3 pt dethatcher??? I need something that will rake up the thatch but not totally rip my lawn apart. I considered a 3 pt Rake but the tines are too wide and not flexible enough.

/ 3 pt Dethatcher??? #2  
I saw an ad for one a while back where a guy was just dragging a chain link fence behind his tractor. It was attached to his 3point but I don't think he could lift it off the ground. It was more to just keep the fence going straight.

murph

/ 3 pt Dethatcher??? #3  
I just built one for another TBNer. This one was 68" wide and 12" deep with 16 double tines (2 rows of 8, offset). It has a detatchable 3pt hitch with 4 total parking stands, pretty neat. It took me 2 weeks of working a couple of hours each night. I have pics but they are on my sons camera. It cost me about $200 in steel and other materials, not counting the tines which MikeD got from Agrifab.

/ 3 pt Dethatcher??? #4  
Ok, I got his camera and here is the picture. Note that all of the tines have not yet been installed

Attachments

• 402352-new-2a.jpg
    402352-new-2a.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 416
   / 3 pt Dethatcher??? #5  
<font color="blue">MackAttack,

Check out Loyal-Roth , they have a "Multi-Use Harrow" that will dethach among other things, comes in many sizes, and is my next (and hopefully last for a while, though a rake may become a necessity, just for the freakin willow branches all over the place!) purchase for the tractor.
</font>
<font color="maroon">Stoney</font>
<font color="red">{Getting better with the post hole disgger, but when the previous owner burried a stone fence and I try to dig there, I'm just not going to get it done with the post hole digger... time to get the back hoe back on!}</font>

/ 3 pt Dethatcher??? #6  
Here is another option.

Attachments

• 406800-kubota.JPG
    406800-kubota.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 518