Loader Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #1  

Zacharal

Tractor
ford 5610
I recently got a 5610 Ford 72 HP tractor that has a 777b loader on it. When I got it the loader would go up and down, and the bucket would go up but not down. I took the valve off, and sure enough the valve had a broken spring and the "plunger" on the end of the valve stem was rusted and scarred beyond repair. I have searched for an exact replacement and have found it quite difficult, and really expensive for an old used valve. I found a used one on the net for 550. For that money, there must be a newer replacement that can be serviced if needed.

Does anyone know if there is a new valve that can directly replace the old valve with little to no customization. I have tried to speak to our local New Holland folks, and they are clueless. They say the parts are discontinued and they have no idea of any type of replacement.

I would prefer to have one with a 4-way joystick, but at this point I'd settle for just about anything to get my loader working. On a side note, is it possible to add another valve to work a hydraulic auger from the loader? I have seen the augers and really, really want one. Would solve a neck/back problem when digging post holes.

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #2  
Surpluscenter.com will have a few options that work. Might need to adapt hose ends or modify mounting plate. Look for a 3 spool with joystick to run the auger.

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve
Ok, so I bought the Prince RD5200 loader valve... It's not working. I checked the line pressure and it's running at 1500 psi. I can get it to move, but in small increments, after I let it run at 2100 rpm for about 10 seconds. It's the same for both the bucket and arm movement.
I'm thinking that the pump is weak and not pushing enough pressure. Like I said, the bucket and arms will move after I "build pressure". I have tried switching out the adapters to make it go from an open circuit to a closed circuit system. When I did that the cylinders move until it get the load pressure of lifting the arms. So basically, the cylinders will move about 1/2" or so, then stops.

Any Ideas are greatly appreciated!

Prince RD522GCGA5A4B1 Directional Control Valve, Two Spool, 4 Way, 4 Position, Tandem Center, Float Spool, Cast Iron, 3000 psi, Lever Handle, 25 gpm, In/Out: 3/4" NPTF, Work 1/2" NPTF

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #5  
You said,
When I got it the loader would go up and down,
It should still go up and down if the hoses are connected correctly.

Where is the pressure relief and can you hear it open at 1500 pounds?

I have changed the pressure relief to the highest and lowest setting, with no change in how it worked. I did try cycling the arms the recommended five time to ensure no air was in the line. I have checked the line and traced them from the top and bottom of the cylinders back to the valve. I am positive they are correct and according to the schematic provided by Prince.

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #7  
I should have been more specific, I didn't mean the pressure relief in the valve.

I am not familiar with your tractor, but there may be a PRV at or near the pump.

First, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

So I got the shop manual and found that it is definitley an open center system.. So I got the adaptor from prince valves to make it open center. Still didn't work. So I took a pressure reading and got to 1500 psi. Book says it operates at 2400. So I get a new pump and replace it, along wing flushing the fluid and changing the filter.

Same dang thing. I can see the cylinder on the right side try to move but left side won't move. Bucket cylinders are doing the opposite.
Still arms and bucket will not move more than a inch or so.

New pump, new fluid, new valve and still not working. What can I do to make this work?

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #9  
First, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

So I got the shop manual and found that it is definitley an open center system.. So I got the adaptor from prince valves to make it open center. Still didn't work. So I took a pressure reading and got to 1500 psi. Book says it operates at 2400. So I get a new pump and replace it, along wing flushing the fluid and changing the filter.

Same dang thing. I can see the cylinder on the right side try to move but left side won't move. Bucket cylinders are doing the opposite.
Still arms and bucket will not move more than a inch or so.
New pump, new fluid, new valve and still not working. What can I do to make this work?

This sound to me like a classic case of hoses hooked up wrong.

If you have to, take the ends off the hoses point them in a safe direction (Secured), move the control one way and see which hose it feeds and hook it up to the correct cylinder.
This is not my first choice in how to do it and it is not how I would do it but I do not know how else to tell you.

WAIT a minute.
Do it this way, if you have quick disconnects, pull 3 hoses off and see which cylinder moves. Do that only putting on 1 hose at a time.
BE VERY CAREFUL! Pressurized hydraulic fluid is very dangerous.

If you are not sure of your self, or you can not do it safely, get someone with the proper skills and knowledge to help. I do not want you to hurt yourself.

/ Ford 5610 with 777b loader, need to replace loader valve #10  
Or, get a male disconnect hooked to your pressure gauge, disconnect one hose at a time, and hook them to the gauge. Leave other 3 hoses connected to the cylinders.