TC35 and rotary mower

/ TC35 and rotary mower #1  

acder

Tractor
tc35
Hi all. I just bought a TC35 and have some questions about using a rotary mower. I have an old (and I mean old) ford 5 foot mower that I pulled with a NAA for many years with no problems. With the TC35, I have tried to keep the RPMs in the recommended PTO range as shown on the Tach (I have to use the foot throttle to do so-generally trying to mow in 8th gear) and the mower gear box literally loosens right off the mower so it obviously can't take the RPMs. So I guess I need a newer mower- but in the interim- can I run the tractor at lower RPMs to keep the mower running and alive- if so- what's the minimum RPMs I should mow at to keep the tractor engine happy? Secondly, is it normal that I should have to use the foot throttle to run at the recommended PTO RPMs with a five foot mower? I'm mowing horse pasture so really just keeping grass and weeds down to an acceptable level-nothing thick or heavy.

thanks for any help and advice. I really do like the TC35 and the 16L loader it came with has been a tremendous help in the short time I've had it.

/ TC35 and rotary mower #2  
What does your manual tell you your ground speed is at pto rpm in 8th gear? Sounds mighty fast for brush hog work. Your hand throttle should hold your engine speed - maybe it's slipping?
You can mow at slower rpm if it cuts ok and the engine doesnt bog in thick going.
Jim