main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #1  

Wayne52

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 1030
Has anyone had any experience with the main frame breaking on a NH Boomer 1030 2012 model. It is Japanese build Shibaura.

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #2  
Did Hear about things like that happening on earlier models like the TC 29 and TC 30 models , here on this board . I have a 2003 TC 30 HST with a 7308 loader and 757 Backhoe mounted on subframe . Tractor has just over 800 hours and have never had a problem .

First question is Do you have any type Backhoe mounted , either with a subframe or 3 point type ?

What type implements Do you have mounted or regularly use ?

There is a reason I asked about the Back Hoe is that the previously mentioned issue's seemed to be centered around 3 point style backhoe's .

Fred H.

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #3  
I have seen tractors cracked on the main frame from severe backhoe use. If you put the front bucket down so far the front wheels are in the air and then all the stress is along the frame,

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #4  
Not on my 1030. Matter effect I never had much trouble with it this far. Usually if the main frame breaks, a backhoe attached, has something to do with it.

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs
Hi FredH. Sorry I should have mentioned what it has on it. I bought it with a NH specified NH loader with 4in1 bucket. I added a slasher 4' (220kg weight) driven through the rear PTO. The Boomer 1030 has been used for mainly for slashing long grass on flat land and rotating sawdust horse manure mulch piles. It has done a little digging on soft moist ground probably 30 meters. What I do not understand is the break is about 12 inches up from where the main frame is bolted to the rear transmission case. I would have thought the case would have cracked and not the frame.

Hi Kyle_in_Tex. Sorry should have mentioned what equipment is on it. It has a NH specified loader with 4 in 1 bucket supplied by the dealer, and a 4' slasher which is about 220 kgs. I do not have a backhoe. The tractor has only done light lifting ie horse manure and saw dust mulch piles and about 30 meters of digging in soft soil. The main work has been slashing long grass with the slasher. The break is about 12 inches up from where the frame is bolted to the rear transmission case so if there was a lot stress in the frame I would have thought that the case would have gone first. As there some documented cases on this forum.

Last edited:
Hi DieselMonk. Sorry I should have mentioned what equipment it has on. It has a NH specified 4 in 1 loader and an 4' slasher. It has done mostly slashing long grass on flat land and moving horse manure and saw dust mulch piles. It has helped with some digging about 30 meters in soft wet soil. It does not have a backhoe.
Something you like to check on you machine is "Are there any bracing plates added to the sub-frame as part of the front loader or backhoe kits where they are attached to the main frame?". I have been told by the a mechanic in the dealer that the loader manufacturer has released a set bracing plates when sold to new loaders but this was after my 1030 was purchased. I am checking this out further.

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #8  
A picture if possible would really help .

Fred H.

/ main frame breaks on NH Boomer 1030 at 400hrs #9  
Hi DieselMonk. Sorry I should have mentioned what equipment it has on. It has a NH specified 4 in 1 loader and an 4' slasher. It has done mostly slashing long grass on flat land and moving horse manure and saw dust mulch piles. It has helped with some digging about 30 meters in soft wet soil. It does not have a backhoe.
Something you like to check on you machine is "Are there any bracing plates added to the sub-frame as part of the front loader or backhoe kits where they are attached to the main frame?". I have been told by the a mechanic in the dealer that the loader manufacturer has released a set bracing plates when sold to new loaders but this was after my 1030 was purchased. I am checking this out further.

Maybe you could indeed post some pictures... then I can compare. BTW. mine is older than yours.