How to crank engine over with without it starting

/ How to crank engine over with without it starting #1  

OhioCowboy

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK3510se HST Open Station w/FEL, RK24 HST w/FEL & Backhoe, DEAD-NH TC33D HST
Is there a way to turn my engine over using the starter without it starting?
Similar to a gas engine if I take off the distributor cap or remove the spark plugs?
Mine turns over, but starts right away. I just want to listen to the motor at real low rpm.
It was making a noises before I last shut it down that I want hear it turning over without
it starting and possibly doing damage at 1000 rpm.

/ How to crank engine over with without it starting #2  
Leave the key off and jump the starter directly.

/ How to crank engine over with without it starting
Bypass the solenoid from the battery to the starter?
This is a pic of my solenoid/starter on my TC33D:
solenoid.jpg

Last edited:
   / How to crank engine over with without it starting #4  
Pull the pin on the shut down solenoid, so when the key is turned on the solenoid will can move but will not pull the injector pump lever.

/ How to crank engine over with without it starting #5  
On my tractor I would take out the fuel solenoid fuse, maybe you can do this as well on your tractor.

Good idea. How about pulling the 12V wire on the fuel solenoid? I found these pics jinman posted 7/23/11:
Solenoid-1.jpg
FuelSOS.jpg

I think the fuse for the fuel solenoid is fuse #1 (7 amp). Looks like another wire splits off before it gets to the solenoid and goes to the alternator. I'll try it and see. (one of those "Here, hold my beer and watch this" times?) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / How to crank engine over with without it starting #7  
On our TC40D the fuel solenoid is easily accessible - just unplug the wire and it will not start. (Remember to plug it back in or you will wonder why it won't start the next time and may not think of this wire)

That's the one I've been looking at. The silver cylinder to the left of the injectors? Just need to crank it for a few seconds. -thanks