TC35 Cruise control not working

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #1  

gmason

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC35D4
I was on my TC35D last night and moving a load of firewood in the bucket and going up our driveway in low and hitg the CC switch and the green light came on but didn't stay on when I let go and the CC did not enguage. I tried several times, even stopping and turning the engine off(rebooting/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif ). I checked the brakes to make sure they weren't stuck, OK. I checked all the other switches and everything was OK. The CC was working fine just the other day and I've done nothing to it since.
Any ideas??
Could there be a loose wire?? The green light worked though...

thanks
gary

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #2  
Gary, without a electrical schematic I can only guess.Pushing the cruise switch should bring in a holding contact or maybe a relay to engage the cruise function and pressing the brakes should deactivate it.Maybe a wire came off? Tom

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #3  
FWIW - I had this occur on my TC33. On the TC33 tractor there is a cruise control brake release switch located underneath the right operator's platform. It had gotten damaged - likely by a limb or debris. The switch is in the circuit to disconnect, maybe disable is a better term, the cruise control when the brakes are depressed (the left brake on a TC-33). I'm sure a loose connector would have the same effect.

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #4  
Gary

Check the adjustment of the safety / limit switch that is activated by your brake pedal. It is just a little plastic mounted button type switch under your floorboard that opens up when you hit the brake pedal. It has two little philips head screws that are known for coming loose. My guess is that it is just out of adjustment. It causes the exact symptoms you describe & is pretty common. No big deal. Just reset it so the button is "clicked" / activated & about midway through its travel when the brakes are not activated (pedals not being pushed on) & retighten the screws. You'll be "cruising" again in about two minutes.

Troy

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #5  
OK I am willing to show my lack of knowledge! Cruise Control on a tractor??? Or maybe my lack of knowledge is from running a 16 year old gear drive tractor. My cruise control is setting the engine speed and selecting the gear, but I am assuming this is the same as you are refering to.

18-38546-254av.jpg

/ TC35 Cruise control not working
Jeff, my new tc35d has has a very slick rocker switch setup for "clicking" in the CC at any speed based upon the hydro slector and hi/low range. Basically, just push your foot on the hydro pedal and flip the switch and it's set.
Pretty cool and a lot better than the one on my old b2400.
gary

/ TC35 Cruise control not working
dieselpwr

Yes...
That was it. I got under the tractor and found those screws right away. And the switch was loose and pushed back so that the pedal didn't actuate it. I took the philips screwdriver and found that both screws were indeed loose. I pushe dthe switch forward and tightened the screw somewhat. I was a little afraid that I could strip the threads if I torqued them too much. They seem that they just screw into the plastic of the switch, or are there some metal nuts in built into the switch?
CC works fine now.
thanks for the tip.
gary

/ TC35 Cruise control not working #8  
Gary

Glad to here it worked. I think the screws to go into metal if memory serves me correctly, however it doesn't matter much since the heads are only pushing / tightening up onto that little plastic switch. Your best off to be gentle when tightening them or you could easily crack the switch.

Troy