GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader...

/ GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader... #1  

KrisHansen

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33d
GAH!!!! I bent the \'foot\' on my 7308 loader...

I was working in and around some trees, and I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards, and bent the foot about 3 inches forward..

Question, has anyone shortened this foot at all? On one hand, it's a nice bumper to protect the front diff, on the other hand, I seem to hang up on it a lot..

Oh, to streighten the foot out, I visited the same stump going forward this time... took out a little pent up frustration on that stump and the bent foot. It's still bent. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader... #2  
Re: GAH!!!! I bent the \'foot\' on my 7308 loader...

Kris I'm sorry to hear about your mishap with the stump. Can the foot be straightened by removing it and using an arbor press or a large sledge hammer? I would only apply heat as a last resort since it will anneal the metal in the foot.

/ GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader...

Thanks Mike.. It's not that bad really, more annoying than anything, since the paint is all cracked now.. Maybe what I'll do is get a new one, and use this foot to make a super duty bumper...

/ GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader... #4  

Kris a spray can of New Holland blue is $4.69 think about that when you price the new foot. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ GAH!!!! I bent the 'foot' on my 7308 loader... #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards )</font>

The answer is obvious...

1. Raise the bucket.
2. Drive forward at a similar speed to your previous backward speed.
3. Carefully align your approach to the stump.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nah! Probably a bad idea. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry, just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry to hear about your mishap. My poor tractor has a few of those "character" marks too. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kris a spray can of New Holland blue is $4.69 think about that when you price the new foot. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

Yep, I've already got a few of them... I think now that I have to paint it, I might make a modification to it, to prevent this from happening again..

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards )</font>

The answer is obvious...

1. Raise the bucket.
2. Drive forward at a similar speed to your previous backward speed.
3. Carefully align your approach to the stump.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

)</font>

Yep, tried that.. It was fun! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But, didn't streighten it fully... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh well, now that it's scratched, I guess it's time to quit waxing it..

Nah!