Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

Default GAH!!!! I bent the \'foot\' on my 7308 loader...

I was working in and around some trees, and I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards, and bent the foot about 3 inches forward..

Question, has anyone shortened this foot at all? On one hand, it's a nice bumper to protect the front diff, on the other hand, I seem to hang up on it a lot..

Oh, to streighten the foot out, I visited the same stump going forward this time... took out a little pent up frustration on that stump and the bent foot. It's still bent. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Default Re: GAH!!!! I bent the \'foot\' on my 7308 loader...

Kris I'm sorry to hear about your mishap with the stump. Can the foot be straightened by removing it and using an arbor press or a large sledge hammer? I would only apply heat as a last resort since it will anneal the metal in the foot.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

Thanks Mike.. It's not that bad really, more annoying than anything, since the paint is all cracked now.. Maybe what I'll do is get a new one, and use this foot to make a super duty bumper...

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Kris a spray can of New Holland blue is $4.69 think about that when you price the new foot. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards )</font>

The answer is obvious...

1. Raise the bucket.
    2. Drive forward at a similar speed to your previous backward speed.
    3. Carefully align your approach to the stump.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Nah! Probably a bad idea. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Sorry, just a thought. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your mishap. My poor tractor has a few of those "character" marks too. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kris a spray can of New Holland blue is $4.69 think about that when you price the new foot. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )</font>

Yep, I've already got a few of them... I think now that I have to paint it, I might make a modification to it, to prevent this from happening again..

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( &lt;/font&gt;<font color="blueclass=small">( I hooked the foot on a stump, going backwards )&lt;/font&gt;

The answer is obvious...

1. Raise the bucket.
    2. Drive forward at a similar speed to your previous backward speed.
    3. Carefully align your approach to the stump.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

)</font>

Yep, tried that.. It was fun! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But, didn't streighten it fully... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh well, now that it's scratched, I guess it's time to quit waxing it..

Nah!