Ford NH 6640 SLE transission problem

/ Ford NH 6640 SLE transission problem #1  

FrTed

Tractor
NH6640SLE
Hi, first post on tractorbynet so Im hoping it appears where I want it!!

My 1995 blue roof 6640 SLE has lost gears 2,4,6 & 8 - works fine in 1,3,5,& 7. In the "even" gears just sits there, higher revs don't make her move. Would appreciate any advice as to where I would look first & how serious this problem could be.Thanks

/ Ford NH 6640 SLE transission problem
The lack of any response yet after 80ish views doesnt bode well!! Not having a clue where to start, I carried out the Clutch Spring Pressue Calibration procedure - the results were as follows:-

C2 & C3 went up to 240, then showed respective error codes U35 & U28 which both mean calibration is too high (should have stopped according to the manual between 120 & 180.)

C1 calibrated to value 128 while C4 calibrated to 164.

Does all this mean anything to anyone - Im struggling badly here!

Bump!!

/ Ford NH 6640 SLE transission problem #4  
Many of the folks on this forum own smaller, maybe simpler rigs than yours. There are several techs who come on but you may have to wait a bit. Good luck with it.
Jim

Jim, I appreciate your words of wisdom!! Hopefully some of the techy guys will point me in the right direction.
Thanks again for taking the time.

In case it helps anyone else

turned out that the soleniods are outside (relief). And better still, the problem was that one of them had lost a retaining nut and was hanging down. Pushed it back up into position and secured with cable tie - problem solved!! All I have to do is get a replacement nut from the dealers (its a very fine thread). So happy days - all working fine again.

Hard not to feel a little stupid when auto spark pointed it out but difficult when you just havent a clue where/what to look for. Disappointing though that the computer didnt throw up an error code.