Ford 1700 3pt won't lift

/ Ford 1700 3pt won't lift
So I just replaced the seal and nothing at all. I can pick the arms up by hand and they drop right back down. Is the piston suppose to go back in the sleeve top first or bottom first

Also when I push the lever forward to raise the 3pt I don't hear any noise from the pump or a change in Rpm's

/ Ford 1700 3pt won't lift #13  
Did you have other symptoms? The pump is located on the front, right lower. Just follow the 2 lines on the right side to the front and there it is. The pump seals are not hard to replace.

If it won't lift at all I would suspect the pump. Even with bad lift seal the lift would try and move some.

Well pump seals are next

Could it be air bound

/ Ford 1700 3pt won't lift #16  
Also when I push the lever forward to raise the 3pt I don't hear any noise from the pump or a change in Rpm's

What lever are you moving "forward" to lift the 3 pt? Is that just a typo? The lever moves rearward and up to lift and forward and down to lower the 3 point.

Yes the 3 point lever. I pulled the banjo bolt on the inlet side of the pump and there was hardly to any fluid coming into the pump so I pulled the screen and it was filled with junk again. So hopefully replacing the lift piston seal because that was bad and cleaning the screen and new fluid we should be in business unless do to lack of sufficient fluid the pump got burned up

/ Ford 1700 3pt won't lift #18  
Anything new to add?

Sorry so I replaced the lift piston seal and it didn't change anything so I pulled the line coming into the pump and no fluid even with the tractor running so I pulled the screen and it was clogged up again. I cleaned the screen put it all back together and new fluid and she works like a charm

/ Ford 1700 3pt won't lift #20  
Sorry so I replaced the lift piston seal and it didn't change anything so I pulled the line coming into the pump and no fluid even with the tractor running so I pulled the screen and it was clogged up again. I cleaned the screen put it all back together and new fluid and she works like a charm

Glad to hear you got it working. Was the hyd fluid milky? Dirty filter (milky fluid) can be caused by water entry. Mine was caused by a cracked boot on the shifters that let rain water enter there.