Boomer 24 3 point help

/ Boomer 24 3 point help #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I cannot find if the Boomer 24 3 point hitch has a function to limit how far down an implement will go. I am working on the bush hog. The issue I am having is that as I mow the hog keeps dropping. Of course the rear end is limited by the wheel. The front end is not and I start having the skids digging in the ground.

I realize I could use chains but was wondering if there was a function I am missing that could help.

Thanks for any advice.

/ Boomer 24 3 point help #2  
My Kubota has adjustable "stop points" that will limit the travel of the hydraulic control lever. Set the stop point - pull the control lever to that point and that all the further down the arms will travel.

Have you noticed - as your 3-point arms drop does the hydraulic control lever move also? It could be as simple as tightening the nut on the control lever so it doesn't move and allow the arms to drop.

/ Boomer 24 3 point help #3  
MY TC33D has a bolt with a "thumb-wheel" nut on it that sits below the lever that adjusts the 3 Pt height. You just slide it up to where you want the stop and tighten it down. It prevents the lever from being pushed lower, but you can still raise it. As long as the tractor is running, the 3 Pt hydraulic will maintain the height of the implement where the lever is set. If I shut it off, it will leak down a bit over time.