Ford 5000 Oil Level Rising

/ Ford 5000 Oil Level Rising #1  

Tren

Tractor
Ford 5000
Seeking input on what could be causing the oil level on my 1974 Ford 5000 to increase. I'm sure the oil level is rising; it's a good inch above the full mark after 15 hours of use. I always check the oil on a flat surface once the engine has completely cooled off. Some other details.... The tractor is difficult to start when the ambient temp is below 80F. If puffs white smoke for 15-20 seconds before finally starting even when it's above 80F. Once it starts, it produces white smoke and smells of diesel in the exhaust. The engine pops a little when not under load at higher RPMs. Once under load, it runs very strong and doesn't smoke at all. It has the CAV injection pump. Any ideas on what is causing the oil level to rise?

/ Ford 5000 Oil Level Rising #2  
If your engine oil gets thin, it probably is diesel fuel, that makes your oil level rise.
If you are growing engine oil and your hydraulic level is dropping, it's the hydraulic pump.

/ Ford 5000 Oil Level Rising #3  
Main hydraulic pump can't leak into the crankcase, the hyd pump is in the rear axle.
Power steering pump CAN leak into the crankcase, but that system doesn't hold much oil and it should be easy to tell when that level is dropping.
Fuel transfer pump may have a bad diaphragm leaking fuel into the injection pump cambox. But that fuel should eventually come out the pump overflow tube and drip onto the ground.
If the steering system oil level isn't dropping I'd probably change the fuel transfer pump. Be prepared for that to not be the problem and then an injection pump overhaul may be in order.

/ Ford 5000 Oil Level Rising
This is helpful information. I suspect the power steering pump is the culprit since it has been low twice and I don't see any visible external leaks. When I acquired the tractor a couple of months ago, the hydraulic fluid was 2.5 gallons low, but it sounds like hydraulic fluid can't get into the engine crankcase. The oil does not smell of diesel, nor has it been thinned out. So I'm thinking I can rule out the fuel system as the problem. Thoughts?