Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
I had a light come on on my gauge cluster , I have a 1925 , it was the symbol to the right of the battery symbol . I was cutting tall grass and it came on . I shut it down went to get my glasses , came back re started and it was off . But I would like to know what it is for

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #2  
What did the symbol look like?

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925
Thats part of the problem if I knew the symbol I would know , its not the battery , its not the engine temp and its not the oil .

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #4  
Thats part of the problem if I knew the symbol I would know , its not the battery , its not the engine temp and its not the oil .

You were asked what the indicator looks like. Please describe it, or post a picture. You could always consult your owners manual. You do have one?

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925
I could take a picture , dont have a manual .

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #6  
Although not in the same location, my 3910 has an air filter warning indicator. It's operated off a vacuum switch in the intake pipe between the filter canister and the engine. It doesn't take much vacuum to turn it on but when it comes on, it's time to check your air filter(s). The indicator looks like a funnel shaped arrow pointing down. Perhaps that's it.

Air Filter - Dash.JPG

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #7  
Turn your key on without cranking, all dash indicator lights should be lit until you crank

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #8  
Turn your key on without cranking, all dash indicator lights should be lit until you crank
Not on my old Ford. The only one that lights is the battery/alternator light. (Unless I left the flashers on.) :cool:

EDIT: Ops, sorry. The oil light too.

/ Symbol on gauge cluster on a 1925 #10  
The vacuum switch is powered directly from the battery and is normally open (NO). If the filters are clogged enough to trip the vacuum switch, it will light when the engine is cranking or running. Until then, the switch is open and does not light when the ignition is turned to on.

The only reason an oil light comes on is because the switch is normally closed (NC) and powered by the ignition circuit. When you turn the key on, there's no pressure so the light comes on.

The charging light works similar in that there's no charging by the alternator to turn it off when the key is on and engine off (KOEO).