Traction TN70D stuck in 4WD

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #1  

tmc_31

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN70D, NH L190
Hey all,

I have a 2000 model TN70D that I bought new. The tractor is stuck in 4WD. Best I can tell, the 4WD mode is actuated hydraulically. It is my understanding that if this solenoid fails, the tractor goes into 4WD.

I have found what I thought was the solenoid on the right side of the transmission (as you are facing forward sitting in the seat) with a flat 4 wire connector hanging down beside it. I have looked all over that solenoid and cannot find a socket for that plug. Further, my dealer says that the solenoid is located on the left side of the transmission. I have looked on the left side and have not found anything that looks like a solenoid on the left side.

Anyone have an idea where the dang solenoid is really located? And where that flat connector might plug in?

Thanks,

Tim

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #2  
Hey all,

I have a 2000 model TN70D that I bought new. The tractor is stuck in 4WD. Best I can tell, the 4WD mode is actuated hydraulically. It is my understanding that if this solenoid fails, the tractor goes into 4WD.

I have found what I thought was the solenoid on the right side of the transmission (as you are facing forward sitting in the seat) with a flat 4 wire connector hanging down beside it. I have looked all over that solenoid and cannot find a socket for that plug. Further, my dealer says that the solenoid is located on the left side of the transmission. I have looked on the left side and have not found anything that looks like a solenoid on the left side.

Anyone have an idea where the dang solenoid is really located? And where that flat connector might plug in?

Thanks,

Tim

I have the same issue with my TN95A, but mine work until I split the tractor for the clutch. When I put it back together It was stuck in 4 WD. I asked here and had a little help but without success. I have ordered the manuals. If you are not in a hurry, I will send you some info as I figure it out.

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD
I have the same issue with my TN95A, but mine work until I split the tractor for the clutch. When I put it back together It was stuck in 4 WD. I asked here and had a little help but without success. I have ordered the manuals. If you are not in a hurry, I will send you some info as I figure it out.

Thanks ch1ch2, I would appreciate any info you could provide. Man, I hate to take it into the dealer. I know it will cost me and arm & a leg. Again, not on a huge hurry but when you figure it out let me know. I will do the same if I figure mine out

Tim

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #4  
I ordered the manual 8-27-16 from
Merchant information:
AgroManual
AgroManual@gmail.com
They said 6 to 15 day delivery. Today is 13 days. I have not receive anything indicating it is being mailed. Just the receipt from PayPal.
I f I do not have it Monday I guess I will have to contact PayPal.
I will let you know.

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD
I looked at that website and found the manual for my TN70D for $205.00. I hope you get yours soon, I am interested if you think it is a quality manual or not. If it is, I may go ahead and purchase one.

Good luck to you,

Tim

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #6  
Part Number 87393899 $403.58 1256 pages from a trusted vender.
What I found is listed with the same part number and same number of pages for $180.
I got a notice in the mail to pick it up at the Post Office.
Tomorrow I will go see what I got.

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #7  
Tim,
I have a 2007 TN70A 4x4, but it has a "T" handle on the left side of the drivers seat pedestal for the FWD. Your D model is a cab tractor, right?

OK, I just checked youtube and answered my own question. I see that the FWD control is a switch on the right side panel.
So, have you checked the fuse?

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD
Bigfoot, fuse is ok.
Ch1ch2, thanks. does it say anywhere in your manual where that solenoid valve is located? That hanging 4 wire flat connector just swinging free on the right side of the transmission makes me think that is where my problem is. I just can't figure out where it plugs in.

Thanks for your help guys,
Tim

/ TN70D stuck in 4WD #10  
Bigfoot, fuse is ok.
Ch1ch2, thanks. does it say anywhere in your manual where that solenoid valve is located? That hanging 4 wire flat connector just swinging free on the right side of the transmission makes me think that is where my problem is. I just can't figure out where it plugs in.

Thanks for your help guys,
Tim

I just got back in town. Send me a PM