1920 - No Oil Pressure On Startup

/ 1920 - No Oil Pressure On Startup #11  
Is there a noticeable difference in engine noise between startup and the oil pressure light going out?

/ 1920 - No Oil Pressure On Startup
So I removed the sender and put an air nozzle down there. It almost acted blocked, leading me to think there's an orifice before the sender ( it's common to put an orifice before a gauge or switch to smooth out the reading).

So far I've been reading instantly again. I won't be confident this was it until the temperature drops, but if it is I both feel silly and happy.

I'll let you know in the fall.

/ 1920 - No Oil Pressure On Startup #16  
So I removed the sender and put an air nozzle down there. It almost acted blocked, leading me to think there's an orifice before the sender ( it's common to put an orifice before a gauge or switch to smooth out the reading).

So far I've been reading instantly again. I won't be confident this was it until the temperature drops, but if it is I both feel silly and happy.

I'll let you know in the fall.

Get it good and hot working over the summer and change the oil and filter again while still hot.

No change over the winter, and still not change now. No pressure after its sat for a while. I'll be doing a oil change soon and will also drop the pan for inspection.

/ 1920 - No Oil Pressure On Startup #18  
I wondered if you have suction screen in the pan with the bypass and it would needa bit of buildup before oil is picked up by the gear pump. dropping the pan for the inspection is next logical thing to do.

JC,

dropping the pan will be a pain - before I do, figured I'd see if anyone else has any new opinions.