3600, right front side, where do these lines go?

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #1  

petebert

Silver Member
Tractor
The picture below is not my tractor, it's a picture I found online. See those two rubber lines near the radiator hose. Where do those go? My tractor doesn't have any of the lines running to the back like in that picture. Mine has the two lines coming out of the front but there's nothing attached to them. Wondering if I should hook those up to something.

326019d1373078348-ford-3600-leaking-where-fuel-t1-2-jpg

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go?
Sooo I suppose I should try and make this system work?

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #4  
First thing check the cooler for leaks then decide a new cooler may be a few $100.

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go?
I'm guessing the previous owner pulled it because of a leak. Looks like it's around $100 for a new cooler, then I'd need all the lines and attachments too.

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #6  
I am looking for info on blocking these lines on our 3600 near term. What I have not been able to find if blocking the flow where they come from and back into the differential area causes any harm if they need to be jumpered for that distance of like 6 inches?

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #8  
Loop the lines, do not block them.

That is what my left brain is telling me but the right brain is just saying it will look better to just plug and do way with the lines while cleaning and painting and just doing hobby work with the 3600.

I think the big difference between 1974 and 1975+ was they beefed up the hydraulic pump so it could handle bigger loaders, etc without requiring another pump to the crank/pto and needed a way to get rid of some heat. I know they added the external filter in 1975 for some reason. :)

If it can bypass without issue is what I have been trying to read in print but have not found a print of the flow path.

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #9  
3600 hyd cooler bypass.jpg

If I am going to do a bypass vs 'block off' the hydraulic cooler that is in front of the radiator this seems to be where I need jumper it and trade one short 1/2" line for two long ones.

/ 3600, right front side, where do these lines go? #10  
Gale

The first picture you posted was not your tractor. Is the second picture above of the hydraulic valve your tractor?