Cracked head 2000 tc35

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35 #1  

Poorboy04

Bronze Member
Tractor
new holland TC24D
I purchased a 2000 tc35 that someone ran straight water in and let it sit for the winter. Well acourse there was water and the oil something froze and cracked. I bought thinking I would replace the motor. But after inspection I found a pushed out freeze plug in the head and a crack in the head.(which why the oil and water was mixing. My opinion.) I was wondering if a cast head could be welded and actually last or should I buy a new one. I'm trying not to spend a lot of money but I need the tractor to be reliable. I would like others opinions what I should do. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35 #2  
Is that the crack running up to the injector hole?

I would at least look for a head used around the country first. A lot of these Shibaura engines
were made and it is old enough to be showing up in some junk yards.

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35 #5  
Trying to "not to spend a lot of money " (your phrase, not mine) by buying a tractor from the Pacific Rim that needs a major engine casting replaced. Or buying said tractor with the idea that a complete engine replacement from any source will be the path to an inexpensive useable tractor.

Apparently so far all you have is an inexpensive unusable tractor. At least I hope it was inexpensive.

Last edited:
   / Cracked head 2000 tc35 #6  
"Why do you think I made a poor investment."

I hope you got the tractor for almost nothing, a remanufactured or new old stock engine is going to run you $5000-6000 or more plus shipping. I mentioned in your other post to have the block checked because it could also have cracks. You mentioned replacing the motor. Its not going to be a cheap repair.

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35
I know it wasn't going to be a cheap repair. But with what I paid for it even if I have to totally buy a new motor (say $6500) I still only have $8000 in a tractor that only has 288hrs that's 4wd with a front loader. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35 #9  
Wow, lots of pessimism here. Bring it to someone who can check to see if it's repairable (block & head) and go from there. You don't want to replace the head just to find the block is also cracked. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

/ Cracked head 2000 tc35 #10  
Wow, lots of pessimism here. Bring it to someone who can check to see if it's repairable (block & head) and go from there. You don't want to replace the head just to find the block is also cracked. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Pessimism, or realism? I've been a dealership employee for more than 20 years and am currently a parts manager. I think I have a basic idea of what the OP is in for. I hope he doesn't need to use that tractor right away.