12 Volt Power Outlet & switch panel added

/ 12 Volt Power Outlet & switch panel added #1  

Bob_Skurka

I built a spray rig for that required a 12 volt power connection but had no handy power connection on the tractor. I considered using a modular connection for connecting the wires as needed, but then decided to add a 12-volt "cigarette lighter" type outlet instead. I don't know what else I will use this outlet for, but I figured it was more of a universal type connector and could be used for other things. After installing it, I did find another use . . . my small tire compressor is powered by a 12 volt outlet, as are a few other things.

I thought someone might be interested? It is installed in between my toolbox and the ROPS on the left rear side. I used a weatherproof outlet designed to be installed in Pick-Up truck beds, it came with about 12' of wire, a water tight cap and a heavy plastic housing. I mounted it by using a 3" by 3" piece of angle iron with a 1-1/8" hole drilled in it for the outlet. The outlet is switched so it is only powered when I want it to be powered.

The outlet is shown with the weatherproof cap removed.

420605-outlet.jpg

Attachments

• 420605-outlet.jpg
    420605-outlet.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 463
   / 12 Volt Power Outlet & switch panel added
Here is a picture of the switch used to power the outlet.

I previously installed 2 switches to power front and rear lights that are mounted on the ROPS, I removed them and increased the hole size to insert the new switch in the center position. The switch is lighted so I can tell if the power outlet is "on" or "off."

420607-switches.jpg

Attachments

• 420607-switches.jpg
    420607-switches.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 364
Here is an outlet added to my Kubota B2910.

420615-Kuboutlet.jpg

Attachments

• 420615-Kuboutlet.jpg
    420615-Kuboutlet.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 298
Here is the same brand switch added to the dash of my Kubota. The switches are marine switches and are submersible, they also appear to be the same brand used by New Holland and Ventrac as they come off the factory assembly lines.

420617-Kubswitch.jpg

Attachments

• 420617-Kubswitch.jpg
    420617-Kubswitch.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 274
   / 12 Volt Power Outlet & switch panel added #5  
I have one of those 12v weatherproof outlets mounted on the inside mounting supports for my fiberglass canopy. It gets used a lot in the winter to power my magnetic yellow strobe light that I use for snow blowing. I have also used it to power a small CD player.