Ford 1300 engine rebuild

/ Ford 1300 engine rebuild #1  

CTPhil

Gold Member
Hello,

I'm trying to get some information for a non internet saavy friend. He has a Ford 1300 with the dreaded bad crankshaft. It has a Shibaura 0.8L 2-cyl diesel. He's got a line on a refurbished crankshaft, but I/he had a few questions. Can rod and main bearings still be found? If not OEM, is there some sort of replacement by size? What about other parts like rings? I'd like to keep him out of trouble, he really would like to get his tractor going again, but I'd like to know going in that there isn't a dead end somewhere in the process.

Thanks!

/ Ford 1300 engine rebuild #2  
Hello,

I'm trying to get some information for a non internet saavy friend. He has a Ford 1300 with the dreaded bad crankshaft. It has a Shibaura 0.8L 2-cyl diesel. He's got a line on a refurbished crankshaft, but I/he had a few questions. Can rod and main bearings still be found? If not OEM, is there some sort of replacement by size? What about other parts like rings? I'd like to keep him out of trouble, he really would like to get his tractor going again, but I'd like to know going in that there isn't a dead end somewhere in the process.

Thanks!
Try Messicks in Pennsylvania.
They are the absolute BEST people to deal with.
They will go out of their way to help you!
1-877-260-3528

/ Ford 1300 engine rebuild #3  
I can't help, but to provide a big +1 for Messicks. They seem to have everything and a ton of exploded parts diagrams are available on their site too.

/ Ford 1300 engine rebuild
Thanks for the replies!