Creaky 7308?

/ Creaky 7308? #1  

KrisHansen

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33d
Greetings all!

Lately I have been hearing what can only be described as a creak coming from somewhere on my 7308 loader frame.. It's not the pivots as far as I can tell, they are all greased, it only makes this noise when you first put load on it, then it's quiet. I tend to use my loader pretty hard, moving lots of large rocks, and dirt, and trees, but I wouldn't expect to have a creak that you can hear over the engine revving at 2200...

anyone ever heard of such a thing?

/ Creaky 7308? #2  
I would check that all the loader mounting bolts (including subframe) are tight and to spec. In fact check the front end around the axle too. You never know what might be loose!

Peter

/ Creaky 7308? #3  
You might check the latch or attaching pins. Sometimes they will be loose on one side or there will be paint that is thicker in one hole that will cause a problem. I have seen times that the pins could be pulled and greased to fix the problem.

/ Creaky 7308?
Solved, at least it seems to be... I lubed the frame (not the pivots, they are already oozing with grease) bit by bit till I hit the arms that grip the rear mounts, it was pretty dry under there, so I hit it with some spray lube temporarily, and it stoped creaking.

/ Creaky 7308? #5  
You might want to tighten the T-bolts that grab the latch plate a turn. I noticed mine moving a bit and tightening them fixed the problem.

/ Creaky 7308?
Thanks, but mine are VERY tight.. Maybe too tight...