Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

Default Creaky 7308?

Greetings all!

Lately I have been hearing what can only be described as a creak coming from somewhere on my 7308 loader frame.. It's not the pivots as far as I can tell, they are all greased, it only makes this noise when you first put load on it, then it's quiet. I tend to use my loader pretty hard, moving lots of large rocks, and dirt, and trees, but I wouldn't expect to have a creak that you can hear over the engine revving at 2200...

anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC35D with 16LA Loader

Default Re: Creaky 7308?

I would check that all the loader mounting bolts (including subframe) are tight and to spec. In fact check the front end around the axle too. You never know what might be loose!

Peter

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

You might check the latch or attaching pins. Sometimes they will be loose on one side or there will be paint that is thicker in one hole that will cause a problem. I have seen times that the pins could be pulled and greased to fix the problem.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

Solved, at least it seems to be... I lubed the frame (not the pivots, they are already oozing with grease) bit by bit till I hit the arms that grip the rear mounts, it was pretty dry under there, so I hit it with some spray lube temporarily, and it stoped creaking.

Tractor
    NH TC-33D

You might want to tighten the T-bolts that grab the latch plate a turn. I noticed mine moving a bit and tightening them fixed the problem.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33d

Thanks, but mine are VERY tight.. Maybe too tight...