Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003)

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #1  

Twindad01

Bronze Member
Tractor
1990 new holland 1920
We just got this and knew something was wrong with it but the price was right.
It acts like the clutch is froze but there is no peddle you can push it with your finger
Like the bearing isn't contacting the fingers. Anyway going to take a peek in with a camera and see what we can see. Also was wondering if anyone knows how interchangeable are hoe buckets? Looking to find a
Small bucket (9") or one that we can narrow. Not sure how specific a bucket is to the hoe
Will other brands fit? Was going to post pictures but have not figured out how to do that
Especially from my phone

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #2  
Your throw-out bearing is probably gone. Take the inspection cover off and see if you find any balls.

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #3  
Any pics, especially of bucket mount?

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003)
Now that i found the app for my phone this looks like it will be easy lol hopefully pics coming. What I think happened is the previous owner jammed in the clutch pedal and may have shear the pins for the fork took a quick look with bore cam and saw the throw out bearing and its close to the clutch fingers but nothing pushes against them i did see the bearing holder/ fork move on shaft so i think the pins are sheared IMG_5402.JPGIMG_5408.JPGIMG_5413.JPGIMG_5414.JPG

I have figured out the mounts for the fel are covering the inspection holes will have to get it removed for a better look

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #5  
Suppose Woods made that backhoe? If so, buckets should be fairly easy to find.

It says new holland cant recall the number off hand 758c i think or something like that

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #7  
The dirt and rust around your front wheel lug nuts says to check for tightness and look for cracks around the bolt holes. Seems to be a common issue on the small Japanese Fords.

it's going to be getting the full spa treatment.

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #9  
We just got this and knew something was wrong with it but the price was right.
It acts like the clutch is froze but there is no peddle you can push it with your finger
Like the bearing isn't contacting the fingers. Anyway going to take a peek in with a camera and see what we can see. Also was wondering if anyone knows how interchangeable are hoe buckets? Looking to find a
Small bucket (9") or one that we can narrow. Not sure how specific a bucket is to the hoe
Will other brands fit? Was going to post pictures but have not figured out how to do that
Especially from my phone

I bought a 1988 - 4x4 model 1920 FEL two years ago, near Doylestown, Pa., with 1050 hours, no backhoe ( I have another TLB).
I took it mostly apart. My being then 74 years old, and not knowing how the clutch had been used, we split the tractor, and replaced the clutch (the old clutch actually was good).
I had never done a split before, but I had an accomplished mechanic helping me (or - I was helping him).
The clutch job took us 8 hours, and was a fun learning experience for me.
Other repairs including sandblasting/dent repair/priming/new rear wheels & tires/3pt. hitch parts replacement/water pump & belt/hoses/valves adjusted/engine oil & filter/hyd. fluid & filter/rebuilt loader bucket/new seat, etc. were accomplished.
The tractor runs like a fine Swiss watch, and has now been repainted to like new appearance.
In my opinion, in many ways these tractors are preferable to new.
No plastic parts, more overall weight, no electronic controls garbage, no stage IV, no DEF required.
If I could figure out how to post a picture on this site I would do so.
I think my baby is a real beauty. She got the ..... "full spa treatment" !

Me and my friend went halfers on this lol he had the funding and we will both put the time in it. I think its a lot of tractor for the money and your right you will never find the quality in a new one. He never does what is needed always over kill so it will be like new when we are done. He already has the parts manual and the factory service is on its way. I found the easiest way for me to post pictures was downloading the forum app for my phone he picked this one up for $7500. With 1100 hours and the hoe being a 2003 (10 years newer then machine) found the receipt was almost $7000 just for the hoe !!! And the pins in fel and hoe are like new the biggest down fall was this was left out side in the weather but still fires right off and everything works except the clutch