NH 1530 pto issues

/ NH 1530 pto issues #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Just bought a NH1530, hst, runs great and everything works as it should but the pto will not stay engaged, I can hold pressure on the lever and it wiill stay in but you can feel it trying to jump out of gear, any suggestions

/ NH 1530 pto issues #2  
I would check that everything is tight on the lever assembly, especially where I put an arrow. You may be able to adjust it to take out any slack as well since it shows a jam nut.

View attachment 1530 PTO Lever.pdf

/ NH 1530 pto issues
I took the linkage loose and held the lever down with my hand and its still trying to jump out

/ NH 1530 pto issues #4  
Previous owner likely shifted the PTO in without using the clutch. You have a couple rounded off gears in the rear PTO drive section.

/ NH 1530 pto issues
Thats kinda what I'm thinking, just looking a the parts diagram it lloks like it can be accesed by removing the 4 bolts around the pto shafts,,any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated before I dive into this

/ NH 1530 pto issues
Just a follow up, took the transmission cover off and I have 2 gears that are pretty well eaten up, new gears on order should resolve this

/ NH 1530 pto issues #7  
double hunter..... just bought a 1530 as well with the same issue. Is it a complicated fix? any suggestions? how difficult is it to remove trans cover? and where is it located? just bought a repair manual and can’t seem to find the steps. thanks

Last edited:
   / NH 1530 pto issues
Just got thru with repair, I took the trans cover off, discovered the gears were stripped, replaced all the gears and and new bearing,,bout a 1,000 dollars worth of parts, works like a charm, not a real hsrd or complicated fix

/ NH 1530 pto issues #9  
Just got thru with repair, I took the trans cover off, discovered the gears were stripped, replaced all the gears and and new bearing,,bout a 1,000 dollars worth of parts, works like a charm, not a real hsrd or complicated fix
Hi I’m new to the forum. Do you have any pictures of the gears that you had to change. Mine is doing the same thing. I was hoping you took a few pictures of the job you had to do. I’d appreciate any info.

/ NH 1530 pto issues #10  
Tractorforum.com has a post with pictures that will help you make this repair without splitting your tractor. This should work for all Ford/New Holland class II tractors, do a search on their site for TC29 pto jumping out of gear.