Hydraulic oil leak

/ Hydraulic oil leak #1  

jloven

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 4720, 2014 New Holland T5.115, 2017 JD 4066R cab
Seems I have a significant leak under my TC45D tractor. Upon examination it is coming from where the rear end of the tractor bolts up to the transmission. it is definitely coming out of the bottom. Sides and top are dry. Attached is a picture of the puddle it has made in 48 hours.
Any way to fix this without breaking tractor apart and replacing gasket? Is there a gasket? I could not find one on the the parts website.
How big of a job is this? I already have the platform off the tractor so a lot of work is already done.
Unless someone convinces me it's not very difficult I will probably load up and take to the dealer.
Thanks File_006.jpeg

/ Hydraulic oil leak #2  
I am having the same issue with my TC45D, anyone know why this is happening??

/ Hydraulic oil leak #3  
I asked the same question on another forum and it doesn't sound like it's going to be cheap to repair for me.....:(

"The tractor will need to be split. Then depending on the transmission, hydro or shuttle, the problem will be isolated and repaired. On the hydro units it is generally the hydro drive input shaft seal, and not a repair for the average home/farm shop, and one in which an entire drive unit is replaced by a rebuilt unit. Most dealers do not repair the pump due to labor costs."

/ Hydraulic oil leak #4  
I know different tractors and I can't tell exactly from the pictures, but it looks like it is similar to the leak I had on my TC24D. I split the tractor myself and took the hydro unit in to the dealer to be resealed. It was about $1100 to have the unit resealed 3 or 4 years ago.

/ Hydraulic oil leak #5  
I know different tractors and I can't tell exactly from the pictures, but it looks like it is similar to the leak I had on my TC24D. I split the tractor myself and took the hydro unit in to the dealer to be resealed. It was about $1100 to have the unit resealed 3 or 4 years ago.

Jim,
My tractor is hydro and ouch on the $1100 to get it resealed and this is after you splitting the tractor yourself. I assume you haven't had any issues with it since?

/ Hydraulic oil leak #6  
The hydrostat has been find since. However, I did have to split it again last year to put a clutch and throw-out bearing in it. The center of the clutch was completely disintegrated and wouldn't disengage. So, with two splits under my belt (2 different splits by the way), I've gotten to know my little blue buddy quite well.