Grease Fittings and Dust Caps

/ Grease Fittings and Dust Caps #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
Are the grease fittings on NH CUTs the same size?

The reason I ask is I greased the tractor yesterday and despite having crawled over and under the tractor previously, I found;

1. One fitting that still had gray paint on it indicating I've never greased it.

2. One fitting at the top of FEL post doesn't accept much grease. I can push the ball in but when I go to grease it, most of the grease just squeezes all over the place.

So, I searched the Internet and found AJ Fittings. They offer a nice selection of assorted grease fittings as well as brightly colored dust caps. Problem is, the nicest selection, A&J Fittings 385, costs $180 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The next assortment, Item 2364-1, costs $108. Each just a little more than I wanted to spend.

/ Grease Fittings and Dust Caps #2  
Hey Mike, I've found a decent selection of fittings at TSC. Like you though, I don't know what size. In my case, it may be a mixture as my tractor is metric and my hoe is SAE. I do know that all the fittings on my hoe are the same as I had to swap a couple last time I greased it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif