3-Point Hitch Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down.

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down. #1  

compact freak

Tractor
dx 40 case ih
Had ballest box on 3pt up for three days. Came into shop 3pt down started tractor nothing. Fluid good loader works. Can life 3pt up and down by hand easy.

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down. #2  
Had ballest box on 3pt up for three days. Came into shop 3pt down started tractor nothing. Fluid good loader works. Can life 3pt up and down by hand easy.

Check the 3pt decent speed control knob. Usually a knob mounted just below the front of the seat somewhere. If it's cranked to the stop it will prevent the 3pt from working as it is designed to do.

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down.
Thanks did that already. Nothing

Update. The rear remote doesn't work either. Any ideas?

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down. #5  
Could be something simple like the filter is clogged up or major like a bad pump. Here is the repair manual section for hydraulics. You can use it to troubleshoot the problem.

View attachment Sect35C1.pdf

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down. #6  
Do you have a power beyond hose off of your loader valve? We have this installed to operate the backhoe when it's installed. Hose came off once and 3pt is inoperative. Rick

/ Tc 40 3pt won't go up or down. #7  
I have to think your setup is similar to a tc33d. Lets assume it is. There is a square block with 3 ports between the pump and the loader valve. One port goes to the loader valve, and if the loader works, its not the pump. the other port feeds the 3pt and remotes. This has happened to me, and I removed that block, flushed with diesel, and blew out with air. Be careful of the o rings. Also changed fluids and both filters, the HST and the bigger one. When I removed the bigger filter, I found a "worm" of some sort of sealant. I think the same stuff was blocking the port on the square block as well. Just everything I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps.

Figured it out!!!! On the loader valve right below joy stick there is a cap. Took cap off and there was another cap, that cap had came loose. This allowed most if not all fluid to by pass rear remote and 3pt. Easy fix!!!!!! Thanks to all for your help!!👍🏻