Ford 5610 help

/ Ford 5610 help #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Trying to help a friend 60 miles away on his 5610 and Im not familier with it at all. He wanted to change his hyd oil said it looked milky. He drained about 15 gallons out of it and put plug back in. Went to rear of machine and pulled out the fill plug to right of seat and added 10 gal of hyd oil... pulled the dipstick to the left rear side of seat and said it was showing 2 inches above full. Told him give it a few minutes to settle and ck again. Called back said still in same spot. From what I can find online it calls for taking 15 gal of hyd oil. SO why is his showing full at 10 gal? IS there another sump? or is this one a common sump?

2nd question. on the right hand side of trans case above and in front of right foot his has 2 open holes.
One is on top of the case and above the square cover with the line going to it and goes straight down... the other is farther forward and farther down and about 3/8". From the picture he sent it looks like they would be far enough back to be a area of the case that held fluid.
From the pic he sent neither look threaded.

Any ideas? thanks.

/ Ford 5610 help #2  
There are two reservoirs. One on the back that you found, and the other is just in front of the gear shift levers. My 5000 holds 8.7 gallons in the back (hydraulics) and 2.7 in the front (transmission).

/ Ford 5610 help
There are two reservoirs. One on the back that you found, and the other is just in front of the gear shift levers. My 5000 holds 8.7 gallons in the back (hydraulics) and 2.7 in the front (transmission).

Fromthe pictures he sent there is no fill plug I can see around the gear shift levers.

/ Ford 5610 help #4  

A 5610 is a common sump tractor, unlike your 5000.

That said, if the 5610 owner did not drain both the transmission and rear axle drain points, he did not fully drain the common sump.

Start over, drain both housings, and fill with fresh oil.