Fwd wheel bearings replacement

/ Fwd wheel bearings replacement #1  

jcl22

Tractor
new holland Tc45d
Hi I have a 2001 Tc45d. My left front wheel bearing have seam to had enough. can take tire and move it all around with axle in the air. Oil pouring out

Has anyone replaced them on this type of axle at home is it as simple as it look or are special tools needed will have to do repairs outside. Just want any input before I start taking it apart

Seams like unbolt #4 flange and pull hub out.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0585.PNG
    IMG_0585.PNG
    591.6 KB · Views: 1,545
Last edited:
   / Fwd wheel bearings replacement #2  
I've done dozens of axle bearing and seal replacements as well as swivel seal replacements in driveways and on job sites working off the back of a service truck with hand tools. A couple rolling head pry bars and something to serve as a seal driver are about as exotic as the tool needs get.

/ Fwd wheel bearings replacement
Thanks Rick

/ Fwd wheel bearings replacement
I got little nervous was simple. remove tire then 8 bolts and hub came off outside bearing exploded replace both. likely my local dealer had parts in stock put back together in a couple hours. trying to upload pictures but I hate trying to post pic on this site. it just never works

/ Fwd wheel bearings replacement #5  
Just finished replacing seal and bearing in my TC26DA. Job is likely very similar. An easy job the second time, but needed some head scratching on this, my first. Trickiest part was getting the case apart which worked easily with an old pocket knife after trying all kinds of things. Unless the stuff is real expensive, I would replace the two bearings and the seal, get a spare snap ring in case the one in there goes flying. Nice to have but not absolute necessity would be as set of seal/bearing driving tools, and a cheap hook type seal yanker. A sturdy workbench near the tractor is good as well.
Now that I've done it once, I don't expect it to be much of a problem in the future. But I would get at it quickly! The innards of my outside bearing had pretty much disintegrated, tearing up the seal (which gave the black oil leak that showed there was a problem) and put a lot of small pieces of metal in the case. Certainly didn't do the gears any good, though they seem OK.