1520 lighting/wiring

/ 1520 lighting/wiring #1  

skills4lou

Bronze Member
Tractor
ih464
Hi all,
I'm spending some time working on getting my work lights sorted out. I have the dash disassembled, and would like to replace the failed bulbs for lighting the gauges. Does anyone have a part #/description other than factory? It looks like Messicks shows 3.4W for some, but the diagram doesn't really show which one goes where. On my tractor, the idiot lights work, but the ones that backlight the tach, fuel and temp gauges are inop.
Thanks!

While I'm in there I'm cleaning up the PO's wiring and considering adding a couple switches for future use. I also decided to go ahead and upgrade the work lights to LED. I'm taking pics as I go, will post then I get it all finished up.
GH

/ 1520 lighting/wiring
I've been putting pics in my "2017 tractor pics" album on google:
217 tractor pics - Google Photos

The rear LEDs are installed and tested. They tuck in under the canopy better than the previous ones, so it'll be nice to have them out of the weather a bit. I think the old sealed beam lights may go on Lowell (IH 464) when I get a chance to work on him some.

I'm hoping that the dealer will have replacement bulbs for the dash, otherwise it's going to have to be order some ($7-8ea!) online.

While I'm in there I also cleaned and lubed all the linkages for the hydro. Previously when it was cold the pedal wouldn't like to return to neutral right away, forcing you to step on the opposite side of the pedal to stop. Not the most ideal situation. I also disassembled the little doodad (can't remember what the book calls it) with a spring that forces the pedal back to neutral, cleaned the old sticky grease out of it and put some good low-temp grease in there. Hopefully that solves the problem.

This is a slow project because it's still hunting season, so any spare time in the day is usually spent chasing tasty critters. Then, after it gets dark I go out and tinker for a while. Sure is fun!

/ 1520 lighting/wiring
Local dealer didn't have anything, but he could order one of the bulbs for $18!!! Napa did a little searching and we figured out that a Wagner #53 is close enough for the bayonet base bulb for the fuel/coolant lights, and a #168 works for the tach light. So I spent a few hours this evening putting things back together. Still have to put the windshield back together and install the front LEDs, but the back ones work great!
GH

/ 1520 lighting/wiring
My lighting project is complete for this round:
Shared album - Greg Hansen - Google Photos

I haven't used the tractor yet, but so far the LEDs look pretty good. I even repaired the windshield wiper motor while I had windshield off. I'll need to replace that soon as the brushes are just about toast.