CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ???

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ??? #1  

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
My 1989 Ford 1920 4x4 FEL has almost 1100 hours, and I would like to either replace the injectors, or have them rebuilt.
Messick's wants $141+ per new injector.
Rebuilding might cost $300 for all 4.
New Chinese made injectors on E-Bay are $40 each.
The Chinese have been building diesels for years, and I am sure they also must know how to copy Japanese parts.
Injectors are not internal parts, and can be easily replaced if they do not function properly.
Your thoughts please?

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ??? #2  
A bad injector can cause internal problems and with that said I am not saying Ch

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ??? #5  
Determine if threads are metric or inch on your engine and replacement injectors. Miss match and you will be had.

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ???
Determine if threads are metric or inch on your engine and replacement injectors. Miss match and you will be had.

The engine is a 32HP Shibaura, (Japanese), so I would assume the injectors to be metric.
They are advertised as being for the Shibaura N844 engine, and that is the engine in my Ford 1920.
Of course I will still check, prior to using a wrench.

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ??? #7  
Question: Isn't 1100 hours a very short lifespan for injectors? It seems they should last longer. Does the age in years make a difference?

Question: Isn't 1100 hours a very short lifespan for injectors? It seems they should last longer. Does the age in years make a difference?

I really do not know how long injectors should last, before cleaning or replacing. My Shibaura Ford is 1989.
My issue is that I am seeing a lot of unburned fuel coming out of the exhaust (wet exhaust pipe joint).
I am thinking that the injectors are set for a spray that is too rich.

/ CHINESE INJECTORS FOR SHIBAURA N844 ??? #9  
I really do not know how long injectors should last, before cleaning or replacing. My Shibaura Ford is 1989.
My issue is that I am seeing a lot of unburned fuel coming out of the exhaust (wet exhaust pipe joint).
I am thinking that the injectors are set for a spray that is too rich.

Wet exhaust pipe on a diesel in generally caused by not working the engine very hard and not getting it up to operating temperature. It's often called "wet stacking" or "diesel slobbers". It is not caused by faulty injectors.

Wet exhaust pipe on a diesel in generally caused by not working the engine very hard and not getting it up to operating temperature. It's often called "wet stacking" or "diesel slobbers". It is not caused by faulty injectors.

Seems like that could actually be my problem.
Is there any potential for engine damage?