Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Dad lived till he was 89 and drove and took care of his tractor up until his last 9 months. Now I have to add hydraulic fluid and I want to be sure this is the right place. Is the bolt in the center of the pic the place to add the fluid? It is behind and slightly to the right of the top link. IMG_1067.JPG

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me
What fluid goes in the filler cap right in front of the gear shifters?IMG_1063.JPG

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me #3  
Re: Dad痴 Ford 3610 he couldn稚 tell me

The one in the front is for the transmission (check it with the dipstick shown in your picture). The plug on the rear housing is where you would fill your hydraulic fluid (the fluid is shared between the hydraulics and the rear axle housing). There is a check plug for the level of the rear housing, rather than a dip stick. I believe the plug is an internal hex (allen). It is just below the hydraulic pump, which near the back of your right foot when driving the tractor.

UTF with a 134 spec is recommended for both compartments. Do not use "regular" hydraulic fluid. 134 spec UTF is not hard to find. I just bought 20 gallons of it at TSC for around $25 per bucket on sale (Traviller brand).

Thanks Strum456.
Is this the right one on the left for both placesIMG_1070.JPG

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me #5  
That looks like it. Look on the back under Ford. It should list 134a, b, c

That looks like it. Look on the back under Ford. It should list 134a, b, c

I will, thanks.

I also noticed he had some 90wt oil. Would that be used anywhere on the tractor. I know on my Kubota I use it in the 4WD front axel, but this tractor is only 2WD.

I did find the engine oil dipstick and where to add oil on the opposite side. Yea!

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me #7  

I will, thanks.

I also noticed he had some 90wt oil. Would that be used anywhere on the tractor. I know on my Kubota I use it in the 4WD front axel, but this tractor is only 2WD.

I don't think so. Does it have manual or power steering? If manual, the steering box might take 90wt. If power steering, then you can just use the same fluid in everything except the engine.

I don't think so. Does it have manual or power steering? If manual, the steering box might take 90wt. If power steering, then you can just use the same fluid in everything except the engine.

I forgot about the power steering. I do remember he said it was power steering. I need to locate where the fill cap is for it.

/ Dad’s Ford 3610 he couldn’t tell me #9  
Have a look at this and see if it's close enough to be of any help.

Have a look at this and see if it's close enough to be of any help.

It does a little, thanks. I think his is about 10 years older, I'm going to have to find out when he bought it.