TC45DA Super Steer hub leak

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak #1  

Newblue

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA SS
Front hub is leaking around the shaft that the wheel flange is on. I have replaced this cartridge seal twice now and it is still leaking. Bearing seems fine. I know the axle housing builds up pressure sometimes but it seems like it still leaks when the fill plug is loose. I have also replaced the New Holland fluid with gear oil.

Thanks,
Mike

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak
#2 on the left side of diagram

Attachments

• TC35AFinalDrive.jpg
    TC35AFinalDrive.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 572
   / TC45DA Super Steer hub leak #3  
Is there a breather to release the pressure that is plugged?

/ TC45DA Super Steer hub leak #4  
You are either missing out on observing a bearing or shaft problem or you are installing the seal incorrectly.

No breather and the bearing seems to be fine. I'm guessing improper installation. It is a two piece cartridge seal.

To update this thread, after installing two seals myself I took the hub assembly into the local Case IH dealer and had them press in a new seal. I also drilled the front axle fill plug to vent the axle. Two weeks so far and no leaks.

Update again. Was leak free for about a month and it now leaks worse than it ever did. Only seems to leak when operating the tractor.

What will it hurt to have a vent in the fill plug? Going to pull this thing apart again and check for cracks in the shaft and the housing. If none found I'll replace both bearings then the seal again.