PTO Generator on 1920 Diesel,,,,

/ PTO Generator on 1920 Diesel,,,, #12  
Those who add up watts will be bitten in the backside with VAR’s and wonder why the 4800 watt load keeps tripping the breaker on the 5000 watt generator .

correct.. you can't simply add them up, but they are still inter-related.

Most people don't understand motor start loads either, and why some air handler / compressor systems have a delay built in to stagger starting loads.

/ PTO Generator on 1920 Diesel,,,, #13  
Fuel consumption depends on generator load About 1.5 TO 2.5 GPH.

/ PTO Generator on 1920 Diesel,,,, #14  
Fuel consumption depends on generator load About 1.5 TO 2.5 GPH.

I would hope that your little Ford wouldn't use that much fuel on a small generator, it will vary with the load but you should be under a gallon/hour. My generator is a 25 KW but under normal use I average about a gallon / hour with either 80 HP or 65 HP on it, I do run the big one in the economy pto speed.

/ PTO Generator on 1920 Diesel,,,, #15  
I would hope that your little Ford wouldn't use that much fuel on a small generator, it will vary with the load but you should be under a gallon/hour. My generator is a 25 KW but under normal use I average about a gallon / hour with either 80 HP or 65 HP on it, I do run the big one in the economy pto speed.

Bottom line, fuel usage is based on generator electrical load.. can't dodge physics. there is a certain amount of energy in the fuel, and there is a physical conversion from hp to wattage.

No free meals.