Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication

/ Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication #1  

nate1616

Tractor
1510 ford
On a model 1510 ford tractor with a shibaura engine, how is oil circulated to the cam box to lubricate the injection pump, the lifters and rollers and the cam gear? Thank you for any help.

/ Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication #2  
Splash oil from the front cover.

/ Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication #4  
Do you have a photo? On a 1700 the injector pump holds about 2 oz of oil and has a oil level and drain plug, small screw. Not to be confused with oil in the timing gear area.

/ Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication
Do you have a photo? On a 1700 the injector pump holds about 2 oz of oil and has a oil level and drain plug, small screw. Not to be confused with oil in the timing gear area.
This is the best pic I have of the side of the cam box at the moment. This was before tearing it apart. I tried everything you can think of, and am aware of the drain and fill plug on the side of some cam boxes. The only thing I came up with is oil is carried up by the timing gear and splashed into the cam box. U have the timing cover back on but any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 1517923381306.jpg
    1517923381306.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 376
   / Ford 1510 injection pump lubrication #6  
YOU have a PFR pump on your engine.. its driven by an "external camshaft" that's lubricated by the ENGINE'S oiling system..

The other person has a Diesel Kiki INLINE pump & it has an "internal camshaft" that's lubricated by a self contained oiling system.
HE adds oil to his pump..