Water in trans/Hydraulic reservoir

/ Water in trans/Hydraulic reservoir #11  
I would build a roof to park it under. I think a tractor is too expensive to let it sit in the rain all year. With that said, I bet it is a boot or something rubber that is failing. You probably had a mouse test it for nutritional value. Think like a mouse and look for the tightest spot on the top or back of your transmission...

Last weekend I was working in my barn, putting new hoses on for my grapple, and the temperature changed a few degrees. Within a few minutes, the entire tractor went from bone dry to soaking wet, like I had just sprayed it with a hose. I don't remember ever watching condensation happen like that before!

/ Water in trans/Hydraulic reservoir #12  
whats "a lot" of water? If your talking gallons u have a real issue that needs to be adressed asap. as others have indicated some water accumulation is normal from condensation.

/ Water in trans/Hydraulic reservoir #13  
And it takes very little water to turn the fluid milky.

/ Water in trans/Hydraulic reservoir #14  
I have a New Holand TC33 Hydro ,I'm getting a LOT of water in the reservoir !!! has anyone else had this problem????
The machine sits outside, I even keep a tarp over the rear end /seat area , But still getting a lot of water , can't find any area that doesn't look sealed on the top side.
i did a FULL service 8 months ago and the oil looked like heavy milk when it was dained over the week end

Thanks for any help i can get!!
Chuck

Chuck for comparison sake look at the pics attached. I have changed complete hyd fluid/transmission 10 years ago. 8 years the tractor was stored in a barn, last two years basically outdoor in my backyard while I was working on my new house. I had it covered it with a tarp for the last two years. Important point is also that my tractor is not heavily used tractor and things don't get hot and stay hot. I put about 300 hrs in 10 years. I had a bit of issue during the hunting season as the moisture partially froze the hyd fluid and 3 point did not work well. Any how, make the long story short, the oil looked bad but after changing about 6 gallons of hyd fluid the lift is working just it used to with no ill effect. I also think qulity of oil is a lot more important in your Hydro tractor. I do have a vent on top of the diffy with to keep it hyd reservoir and transmission @ atmospheric pressure.

JC,

Attachments

• DSC01820.JPG
    DSC01820.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01822.JPG
    DSC01822.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC01830.JPG
    DSC01830.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 55