ford 1996 2120 hss

/ ford 1996 2120 hss #1  

pl mt farmer

Tractor
ford 1920
Goodm morning all, I have a 1996 ford 2120 Hss. Bought the tractor used was sitting for a few years. the previous owner had a new clutch installed before it sat the issue is in the hss. the tractor goes fine in reverse when you shift to N the tractor often times is still in reverse. When you get it to go forward wich isnt often the engine will stall out when you release the brakes. I know the tractor was run low on fluid someone had the wrong dipstick in it when i first got it and changed fluid there was only about 4 gallons in it. took the spool valve off from below steering colum had it checked he saw no blockage in it or any reason for it to not be working. yes it worked ok when he first got it back from garage.

/ ford 1996 2120 hss #2  
Goodm morning all, I have a 1996 ford 2120 Hss. Bought the tractor used was sitting for a few years. the previous owner had a new clutch installed before it sat the issue is in the hss. the tractor goes fine in reverse when you shift to N the tractor often times is still in reverse. When you get it to go forward wich isnt often the engine will stall out when you release the brakes. I know the tractor was run low on fluid someone had the wrong dipstick in it when i first got it and changed fluid there was only about 4 gallons in it. took the spool valve off from below steering colum had it checked he saw no blockage in it or any reason for it to not be working. yes it worked ok when he first got it back from garage.
Does your tractor use a mechanical HSS, or is it electronic? On the electronic model I have had wiring issues that applied power to both selonoids (forward and reverse) . With that happening it applied hydraulic pressure to the forward and reverse clutches at the same time that would stall the tractor out.

/ ford 1996 2120 hss
It is manual. the shift lever moves ok. had the hydralic block checked out. he said he didnt see anything that could cause a problem

/ ford 1996 2120 hss #4  
It is manual. the shift lever moves ok. had the hydralic block checked out. he said he didnt see anything that could cause a problem
You say someone checked the control valve out, did they disassemble it? In this block is a piston assembly, that if it is sticking it will not allow pressure to release or apply pressure to the forward or reverse clutches. This piston assembly is the one held in the block by snap rings.

Just another question when you changed the fluid what condition was it in ? Lots of moisture, etc. Did you change the hydro filter?

/ ford 1996 2120 hss
You say someone checked the control valve out, did they disassemble it? In this block is a piston assembly, that if it is sticking it will not allow pressure to release or apply pressure to the forward or reverse clutches. This piston assembly is the one held in the block by snap rings.

Just another question when you changed the fluid what condition was it in ? Lots of moisture, etc. Did you change the hydro filter?

Yes valve was disassembled, when i picked the tractor up there was no fluid in it. Filled with correct oil
Got the tractor home changed all the fluid and filter.
No i did not see anything in the filter. Thanks for your help.
Tractor was loaded on trailer for ride home.