New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #1  

oddodaoddo

Tractor
None
Hello,

I am totally new to tractors. There is a NH/Ford 1530 for sale locally that only has 250 hours and looks pretty well kept. I am very "green" when it comes to tractors but I have been looking for a while to get one. I qualify to get a loan and buy a new 40HP tractor (any of the big names or koreans) but I really cannot justify the expense and want to start small. Hence, I am looking at the 1530. Can someone explain briefly what it takes to put a FEL on these tractors? Where would I even go to get one installed? Is this something done by a local NH dealer or would this be a job for an independent tractor shop? I am in SW Virginia near Roanoke...

Thank you all!

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #2  
Hello,

I am totally new to tractors. There is a NH/Ford 1530 for sale locally that only has 250 hours and looks pretty well kept. I am very "green" when it comes to tractors but I have been looking for a while to get one. I qualify to get a loan and buy a new 40HP tractor (any of the big names or koreans) but I really cannot justify the expense and want to start small. Hence, I am looking at the 1530. Can someone explain briefly what it takes to put a FEL on these tractors? Where would I even go to get one installed? Is this something done by a local NH dealer or would this be a job for an independent tractor shop? I am in SW Virginia near Roanoke...

Thank you all!
I can tell you your better off if buying a used tractor to get one with a loader already on it. They are not cheap and getting it to work on your tractor will cost also. Others may have other opinions but I personally think you will be money ahead.

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #3  
I agree - find a tractor that already has a loader.

Guy.

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #4  
I agree - find a tractor that already has a loader.

Guy.

x3 ...If the OP wants a loader (and who doesn't?), then he needs to buy a tractor with a loader.
It is will be nearly impossible, to find an OEM used loader to fit a specific tractor.
The cost of buying/mounting/adapting a new aftermarket loader will be high.
IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE TO BUY A TRACTOR WITHOUT A LOADER.
If the OP wants a tractor with a loader .... he should, BUY a tractor with a loader !

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors
x3 ...If the OP wants a loader (and who doesn't?), then he needs to buy a tractor with a loader.
It is will be nearly impossible, to find an OEM used loader to fit a specific tractor.
The cost of buying/mounting/adapting a new aftermarket loader will be high.
IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE TO BUY A TRACTOR WITHOUT A LOADER.
If the OP wants a tractor with a loader .... he should, BUY a tractor with a loader !

Thank you all for your replies, I will skip this tractor then.

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #6  
I may be in the minority, but I disagree. That tractor may be a great deal. Loaders can be found, but expect to do some research and looking to find one. They aren't hard to install, provided you can find the mounting frames. Find a loader manufacturer, call them and ask if they can help. Then use that information to decide if you want to add a loader to the 1530. You may be pleasantly surprised, and end up with a great setup.
Would it be easier to buy one with a loader? Yes. But there isn't a single tractor out there that is built with a loader at the factory (farm tractor that is). The dealerships install them, and it's not a huge deal. I've installed many of them on green and blue tractors, usually take about 4 hrs.

/ New Holland/Ford 1530 - new to tractors #8  
If you want to buy a tractor without a loader I would highly recommend locating a loader for it before you buy the tractor. They are a few places in PA that sell used equipment for Ford/New Holland tractors, try calling Long Lane Tractor or Weavers Compact Tractors.