Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator)

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator) #1  

allisons

Tractor
Ford 1500 Tractor
Active duty military member settling down for retirement and I just purchased a 1983 Ford 1500 diesel tractor. It's in great shape, however, the key is cracked and bent. Looking for some tips on how I can easily remove the ignition tumbler.

Thanks in advance.

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator) #2  
To the best of my knowledge, on the order of a dozen Ford/New Holland tractors, they all use the same key. If your only problem is a mangled key head to the local NH dealer or Messicks Parts for Tractors & Equipment and get a new one. Heck Lowes , in some areas may have them. If you are bound and determined to replace the tumbler head to the NH dealer or Messicks and buy a new switch assembly. Just be prepared to pay careful attention to the wire orientation and order...there are a bunch of wires.

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator) #3  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum. Glad that you joined and this is the right place to get help with anything.

Thanks for your service. Where are you retiring to?

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator)
Richmon VA area.

Air Power!!!

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator) #5  
Almost neighbors then. I have 26 acres in Lanexa, round about Mile Marker 220 on I 64.

/ Ford 1500 Tractor Ignition Tumbler (Novice Operator) #6  
I have a Ford 1100 that I have purchased 3 times, and it still uses the original key that it had with it when I first used it, back in the mid 80's. It has a small screwdriver, that stays in the thumb hole of the gas lid, ready to start the old girl up when needed. Same screwdriver has gone with the tractor and came back home every time it has left here.
David from jax