New Holland TC30 No start/no crank

/ New Holland TC30 No start/no crank #1  

JodyFKerr

Tractor
Multiple
Hi Folks, forum newbie here.

Trying to fix a friend's NH TC30. It came to me in a no start no crank fashion. I've read through the manual and the many posts here, but still no fire.

Battery is good, tested with second known good battery as well.
Cleaned all terminals/wires. Checked positive terminal wire for breaks/corrosion.
Jumpered the brake, pto, and neutral safety switches.
Pulled and replaced all fuses.

No start with key, but will crank when I jumper the starter solenoid. Been working my way backwards through the wiring and have reached the Safety Start Relay. Is there a way to test this? I don't see any tests in the manual. I'm starting to wonder if it's the issue as I'm also not getting 12v to the fuel shutoff solenoid.

I apologize as this is not a tractor that I'm familiar with. My friend passed a while back and I'm trying to get it going again for his wife.

Jody

/ New Holland TC30 No start/no crank #2  
I would look into the Sticky at the top of this section.

TC33D wont start

It sounds like you are having the same problem with the ignition switch maybe.

/ New Holland TC30 No start/no crank #3  
Jody-

Welcome to TBN. Is the little metal tab seat contact for the seat safety "kill" switch making contact/connection with the safety relay switch?. Mine rusted and broke off. I bypassed that relay. Good luck.

/ New Holland TC30 No start/no crank #4  
Hi Folks, forum newbie here.

Trying to fix a friend's NH TC30. It came to me in a no start no crank fashion. I've read through the manual and the many posts here, but still no fire.

Battery is good, tested with second known good battery as well.
Cleaned all terminals/wires. Checked positive terminal wire for breaks/corrosion.
Jumpered the brake, pto, and neutral safety switches.
Pulled and replaced all fuses.

No start with key, but will crank when I jumper the starter solenoid. Been working my way backwards through the wiring and have reached the Safety Start Relay. Is there a way to test this? I don't see any tests in the manual. I'm starting to wonder if it's the issue as I'm also not getting 12v to the fuel shutoff solenoid.

I apologize as this is not a tractor that I'm familiar with. My friend passed a while back and I'm trying to get it going again for his wife.

Jody

What are the numbers on the bottom side of the relay you mention? Relays are often similar with the different pin positions indicating coil and contacts, NO or NC = normally open and normally closed, etc. Have you checked to make sure nothing like a PTO switch is engaged? If it is the tractor will be in lockout for fuel and starter cranking. Why would you jumper it - is it not a on/off position switch?
If you can locate a wiring schematic for the tractor that would help too.

Last edited: