New Holland 12LA loader control location

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #1  

dhjmdls

Bronze Member
Can someone tell me definitively where the loader control is located on the new DA series of compact tractors? I am considering the purchase of a new TC24DA with the 12LA FEL. Some of the literature I have for the older D series shows it mounted to the RH side of the dash, but I was told by someone else that it was now mounted to the front side of the RH fender on the new DA series...which is correct?
Thanks.

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #2  
The answer to your question is BOTH locations.

But specifically for the 12LA it is located next to the right hand side of the dash on a vertical column connected to the right loader mount. I use one and find it easy to reach and not in the way. I also use a Kubota B2910 and find the loader lever, which is located in the same place, to cause my right arm to be sore if I am in the seat operating it for more than a couple hours at a time.

On some of the larger TC series tractors (both D and DA versions) the loader control lever is located on the right rear fender, but those tractors don't use the 12LA, they use the 16, 17 . . .

By the way, the 12LA is a GREAT loader. I absolutely LOVE the visibility that you get with the curved arms and the sloped hood of the tractor. It beats EVERYTHING else on the market for ease of use.

If there is ONE thing I don't like about the loader it is the small control knob on the end of the control lever. It is a ball about 1.25" in diameter. I would prefer a larger ball on the end, but that is a very minor issue on such a well designed loader. My TC24D is my favorite tractor, and neighbors who play with FELs are very jealous of the sight line offered by the FEL.

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location
Thanks Bob.

You say that you find it easy to use mounted to the RH side of the dash. Are you a tall person? I am 6'5" and with the seat all the way rearward, I am a little concerned about my ability to reach the control without having to bend forward to do so.

Any thoughts?

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #4  
I'm 6' even when I'm not tired, 5'11" after a long day! I have the seat all the way back and have no problems with operating the loader for extended periods of time.

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #5  
I, too, am between 5' 11"and 6', have the seat all the way back, and the control for the 12LA falls naturally to hand. I like reaching forward for it, it almost seems like I am pointing to where I want the loader to go. It's also easy to control from the ground; I often use it for a crane, and I'll walk forward to check position, and take a step and nudge it a bit.

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #6  
The 12LA control is very convenient for me, I am 5'10, maybe 5'11 on a good day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location #7  
I've just been out playing (I mean WORKING) with the tractor and I remembered this thread so I paid attention to where the loader control is really located. The knob of the loader is directly in line with the center of the steering wheel. So if you are sitting in the tractor and your hands fall naturally on the steering wheel, then your right hand would also fall naturally on the loader control. The knob is about 2" above the level of the steering wheel.

So you never actually reach for the loader control, you simply move your hand over to activate the lever.

/ New Holland 12LA loader control location
Thanks all, sounds like it will work fine. Guess I'll go for it, eh?!