How much did this cost?

/ How much did this cost? #1  

AndyM

Veteran Member
Tractor
1948 Ford 8N and 1993 Toro WheelHorse 520H
My wife was mowing the other day, and didn't notice that one of the turnbuckles used to keep the lower 3 point arms from rubbing against the rear tires worked loose and fell off. The sidewalls of the back tires are scraped up and I couldn't find the missing piece of the turnbuckle anywhere in the yard.

I went to the local New Holland dealer this morning. The good news is they had one in stock.
Take the next couple hours to guess how much it cost and I'll tell you the answer later... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

454101-IM000238.JPG

Attachments

• 454101-IM000238.JPG
    454101-IM000238.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 305
   / How much did this cost? #2  
Andy,
Knowing OEM's and their price structure, about $39.00
Phyl raised the garage door the other morning while her hatch was open. Ripped the rear window wiper off, breaking it off. I hate to see what Ford wants for it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ How much did this cost?
Well, that didn't take long!
Jerry is our winner! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The actual price is $37.10 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I went to the dealer with 37 dollars in my wallet and a pocket full of change. I handed him the money and walked away with an empty wallet...
They're between $4 and $10 at the hardware store, but I couldn't find one short enough to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ How much did this cost? #4  
Andy; Think thats outragous? Price a backhoe and toothebar for a TC35 and 16LA loader even on the "A" plan, You'll look elsewhere same as me I'll bet. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ How much did this cost? #5  
<font color="blue"> They're between $4 and $10 at the hardware store, but I couldn't find one short enough to fit. </font>
Probably not the right thread either /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ How much did this cost? #6  
I lost a pin for the front mount on my bh. It keeps the subframe from sliding off, $29. I bought 3/4 pin for $3 plus a lynch pin. (Parts guy actually suggested it).

/ How much did this cost? #7  
" I couldn't find the missing piece of the turnbuckle anywhere in the yard."
Before you layed out all that $$$ you should have put a new set of blades on the mower and mowed the yard again. Its quite likely you would have found it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ How much did this cost? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Before you layed out all that $$$ you should have put a new set of blades on the mower and mowed the yard again. Its quite likely you would have found it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Ain't that the truth. Similarly, if you want to make it rain, you plan out what you will do with your tractor on the weekend in great detail.

Cliff

"Never let a machine know you're in a hurry"

/ How much did this cost? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hate to see what Ford wants for it )</font>

Get this one... Wife comes home the other day.. says her linc. MK8 is making a 'flapping' noise.

I go out there.. and sure enough.. the electric fan is making noise. The fan has a continous outside rim.. and then spokes out to the rim... Well the rim broke at a spoke.. letting the rim hang out under centrifugal force.. and do the flapflapflap sound.. like a playing card in a bycicle tire.

No way to get in there and fix it either. And the plastic fan is some sort of 'one time' press fit to the hub.. I thought about a junkyard run.. but see that removing the fan is a 'destroy it' issue.. fan itself is also manufactured as part o fthe shroud.. see where I'm going with this... any part of this 'assembly' goes bad.. and you are replacing everything between the engine and the radiator... to the tune of 440$.. and it is a dealer only part... no aftermarket available... I about fainted today... By the time a hours labor hit it and tax... it was middle 5's or so.

I told the wife not to 'break' it anymore.. ( we both knew it wasn't her fault.. just said it to be funny and easy the pain of my wallet... )

Soundguy

/ How much did this cost? #10  
The good news is........I ordered the wiper arm online and should have it in a few days. The closest dealer didn't have it stock, so I ordered it from Texas.