Loose Bolts

/ Loose Bolts #1  

TC18guy

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC18 Hydro
OK, I've read about people having trouble with loose nuts & bolts on NH Boomers. I found a 1-1/8" long x 3/8" dia. bolt with a large head in the front yard last weekend. I'm sure it's off the tractor somwhere, I haven't been through that part of the yard with anything else. I've looked it over a little, but can't figure out where it goes. Any ideas?

/ Loose Bolts #2  
I see you have a mmm. Take a look at where the mmm mounts up to the belly of the tractor. It has 4 bolts. All four of mine fell out and let the mower fall to the ground. It was a bear to remove it so that I could put everything back on. Put the bolts back in with Loctite. That sounds about like what size the bolts were. Good luck finding it. You would think at some point I would start finding the pins that I loose. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Loose Bolts #3  
"You would think at some point I would start finding the pins that I loose"

You will...right after you put on a brand new set of blades /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Loose Bolts
Thanks Jim, come to think of it one of those bolts losened up on me before. If it is that, I'll definitely hit it with the locktite.

Funny you guys should mention the pins, I can't seem to keep them around very long. Yesterday before I mowed I was replacing 2 of them thinking its a wonder these things don't get bound up in the belt or something. Guess what happened after about 30 min.s of mowing!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Loose Bolts
Well I got under the tractor this weekend. It was one of the bolts to the mower mount. There was only 2 out of 4 left, but it was still tight to the tractor. Thanks for the suggestions.