Extra Charges from New Holland to drop ship - grr!

/ Extra Charges from New Holland to drop ship - grr! #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
I recently ordered the gator blades from my NH dealer. Figured I could save the hour round trip drive time by having them drop shipped. Parts guy told me that New Holland is now charging a handling fee for drop shipments - $6 + 10% of the order plus freight! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

I figured I'd have to pay the freight, but $12 on a $60 order for handling is ridiculous. My dealer offered to ship them to me once they got them in, but that seems silly (and adds a day or more (if UPS doesn't leave it)).

Upside is that New England dealers are now getting parts next day because there is a new dist center nearby (forgot where).

/ Extra Charges from New Holland to drop ship - grr! #2  
Mountville, PA We have had that surcharge for over a year now. Thats why I encourage my customers to use stocks orders when ever possible no freight no surcharges.

/ Extra Charges from New Holland to drop ship - grr! #3  
From the TractorSmart Kubota parts page:

<font color="orange"> Effective Jan. 01,2001 orders over $15.00 (fifteen) can ship direct from Kubota to the customer at a flat fee of $5.00 for shipping. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Extra Charges from New Holland to drop ship - grr! #4  
More than likely to pay Caterpillar.