loading up the round bales

/ loading up the round bales #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
First time I got to play with round bales so I thought I would post some pics. The TN is at another farm with the baler so all we had is the 1920 and we wanted to get these bales off the field before the monsoon hit. We were able to load 14 4x4 round bales on our 16' trailer so we could make a decent trip with them as we had to go only 4 miles away. This field is about 7.5 acres and we got 116 rounds off of it. The spike is homemade and is based off the Payne forks clamp design. We had the extra spike laying around and set it up to be a clamp on so we can use it on either tractors bucket. My dad is having a ball loading these so I let him load them all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 468514-Dad loading.JPG
    468514-Dad loading.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 448
   / loading up the round bales
All loaded and ready to go

Attachments

• 468515-Fully loaded.JPG
    468515-Fully loaded.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 384
   / loading up the round bales #3  
Looking good.. what is the 3pt attachment? Raining here in MD today.. ordered a few parts for my square baler yesterday. If it's raining this weekend I probably get a chance to work on it.. but my first set of sweet corn is ready.. so I might be picking it in the rain.

/ loading up the round bales
That is a Brillion seeder. We were using it to reseed some sections of our pens and didn't want to take it off just yet. Adds a little bit of counter weight with those packer wheels back there. Whats wrong with your baler? So far I have been lucky. Only have had one major problem with a belt jumping and breaking and throwing the machine out of time on a saturday after the dealer closed. Trying to find another belt to match up was a lot of fun and cost me a couple days down time by the time she was all back together. I have a second baler I am working on now for a back up. It is nothing fancy and is not costing me anything. Its a friends old Case 220 with thrower and has been sheded its whole life. So if something does happen again and the rain is coming I can get some bales in still.