Hydro problem...Maybe

/ Hydro problem...Maybe #1  

skippy

I am a new owner of a tc45da and it seems to have a problem with the hydro sticking. I will be driving forward in low or high and when I let off the pedal the pedal sticks to the floor and then slowly releases. If I hit the reverse pedal it stops suddenly and fast...(jerky) Is this common to hydros??? This is my first hydro anything and this is sort of a concern.

Thanks a ton!!

/ Hydro problem...Maybe #2  
No that doesn't sound right. The pedal should return to the center (stop) position quickly. It needs to be lubed or adjusted or both.

/ Hydro problem...Maybe #3  
From my most helpful thread list:

#6. Sticky/sluggish hydro pedals
HST Just Won't Stop, Quit, Woah! In this post, Spencer200 gives the part number for a new spring and plate for the Class II and Class III Boomers. Older models have a weaker spring, the newer DA models should have the stronger spring already. Even so, the thread makes good (?) reading.

There is some "reluctance" for the hydro pedal to return to neutral, and this is intrinsic to hydrostatic transmissions. This "reluctance" is overcome with a spring attached to the hydrostatic plate. This spring is under the right side drivers platform, and is indicated in the attachment. You can adjust the spring to exert more tension on the plate to have it return to neutral. Also, make sure the roller is well lubricated.

Also, this "sticky pedal" is made worse by having a heavy load at low RPM. The lower RPM decreases the internal transmission "Charge Pressure", making the hydro respond sluggishly. Run the tractor at rated speed (2400 - 2600 rpm) to keep the charge pressure up to help with this.

Running at 2600 RPM, with a new spring and a greased roller, the tractor should stop quite suddenly if you quickly remove your foot from the forward pedal. Most people adjust, and even get used to not using the brakes to stop.

I'm sure with a little experience it will all come naturally.

Attachments

• 480812-Hydro Plate.jpg
    480812-Hydro Plate.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 103
   / Hydro problem...Maybe #4  
I've put 85 hours on my 45DA and never had the pedal stick yet. (knock on wood). The only time I ever reach for the brakes is coming out of cruise control.