Broke my loader putting it back on?

/ Broke my loader putting it back on? #1  

Bob_Skurka

I am hot tired sweaty and frustrated, having just come in from mowing and generally working around the pool & yard. I drive the TC24 into the garage, line it up to the 12LA, just as I have done many times before.

I pull out the instruction book just to double check (I always do that when taking off / putting on the loader). I connect up the hoses. I start the tractor.

The right lower cylinder doesn't work. I disconnect, reconnect, try again.

Still doesn't work. Try again. Look at everything. Disconnect, reconnect. Try again.

Nothing.

Any thoughts?

/ Broke my loader putting it back on? #2  
Are the hoses connected right? I put mine on one day and connected them wrong. I couldn't lift the loader.

/ Broke my loader putting it back on? #3  
Hi, it's hard to believe that anything could be broken if it worked before you took it off so are the hoses mismatched if it's possible to do. I'am not totally familiar with your brand but maybe you have one hose for the bucket paired off with one hose for the lift arms.

/ Broke my loader putting it back on?
The hoses are color coded, so they are pretty much idiot proof when it comes to matching them up.

The left lower operates, the right lower does not. The use the same hose and are plumbed together. I can't figure out how one could work and the other doesn't.

/ Broke my loader putting it back on? #5  
Bob, I think the right cylinder is binding and all the fluid is going to your left one. Run it all the way out or strap it in position with a nylon tiedown strap or chain and apply pressure. I'll bet the other one breaks loose.

If you can get your tractor close enough, I bet when the left arm touches the mounting beam, the right arm will start to move. I think it's just a case of uneven friction and your loader is fine. At least, I sure hope so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Broke my loader putting it back on?
Jim, you wrote that at 6pm, I just checked the computer and it is now 8:30. At 6 I was covered in grease, oil, swearing and generally in a lousy disposition. But, now I am sitting with a cup of Kahlua & Coffee, topped with whip cream, relaxed, calm and with a loader that works.

You were correct. I stumbled upon the answer by myself, not really sure how I did it, I chalk it up to dumb luck. But let's just say all is good in the world again.