FEL quick connect covers won't stay put

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
FEL quick connect covers won\'t stay put

3 of the four won't stay on. Are these things a "wear item" - Ie do I need to replace them every couple years.

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put #2  
Re: FEL quick connect covers won\'t stay put

I usually have to pop mine with the heal of my hand a couple of times to get them to seat/pop in properly. Mine do fit tight, so if they fall out, I didn't get them seated properly in the first place. These are the ones on the tractor right?

I have never had any wear out. If they are loose, could they be weathered(hardened) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, so they don't spring back to a tight fit. This would go for both the plugs on the tractor and the boots on the hoses.

Otherwise I dunno, hope this helps at little.

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put #3  

Mine are about a year old and they have always remained in place. Considering some of the places that I work I can only imagine the dirt that the the quick connects might accumulate without them. It couldn't be too good for the hydraulic circuit.

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put

yup tractor side.

I'll try the bigger hammer approach - ie push them on harder.

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put #5  

Do you pull the collar back on the female connectors and then push the rubber plug in? I have had better luck that way - two years and still pluggin' OK on my TC40D.

/ FEL quick connect covers won't stay put #6  

<font color="blue"> Do you pull the collar back on the female connectors and then push the rubber plug in? I have had better luck that way - two years and still pluggin' OK on my TC40D.
</font>

Chris I thought for a second that you were pulling my leg. I have always just tapped the rubber plug in place on my TC-40D with the palm of my hand but after reading your post I wandered out to my TC-40D and tried it your way. And I admit that your way is better than my way. It takes no effort to seat them if you retract the collar first. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif